Memory Lane and PP2+

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nrvana8775, Mar 8, 2008.

1. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I did some searches, but still was a little confused. Basically, I have to buy a $13 cable from them in order to use the pedal power? My courtesy outlet is being used to house my valvulator, but I could move it. If I ran the adapter in the courtesy outlet, I would be good to go?

2. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

Or I could buy an adapter that switches things from positive to negative tip?

3. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

http://www.diamondpedals.com/custom.html

"36" (90cm) Dual 9V to 18V polarity crossover cable for powering Memory Lane from the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. $11 plus $2 shipping for Canada and the US."

Unless you're using the courtesy outlet on the back, you'll need a crossover power cable like this to run the ML off a PP2+. It switches the polarities and doubles the voltage to 18V.

4. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

I tried to run mine off of the PP2 adapter from Diamond and got a good deal more noise than when running it from its original adapter.

5. teleking36

teleking36 Member

I'm reviving this thread....

I'm redoing my pedalboard. I've got a few new effects coming in, and I wanted to reorganize my setup anyway and clean things up.

I've got a Memory Lane, and I've been using the Pedal Power 2+ cable adapter that Diamond makes for this pedal. Trouble is, the cable doesn't have a right angle end for the ML. Stompin' Ground sells a Double Volt cable that seems to be identical in design to the Diamond cable, but is it the same thing? I'd like to order one from Stompin Ground because they have the right angle option.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

6. kekaiakea

kekaiakea Rob Yamanoha

if you order from voodoo lab, they offer the cable with right angle on BOTH ends. i got one and its perfect. call 'em direct, great customer service.

7. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I use the one they sell on the site, it fits in two spots on the PP2 and then transfers to one (2 9's=18v...) works great! I actually really like this pedal, although I seem to be a bit of a delay collector! The skreddy Echo might be more of a DMM replacer than I thought the ML1 would be!

8. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

Really?

I'm glad this thread was revived, I'm about to purchase the cable from Diamond.

9. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

I have the cable from Diamond and couldn't be happier. No noise at all!

10. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

Ya, I just saw this thread go back up. I did have a lot of noise from my Memory Lane when using the PP2+ adapter cable. However, that was four months ago (centuries in rig years), and my entire setup has changed to a less noisy one. A lot of my pedals have become less noisy, so though I haven't ordered another one from Diamond (I sold the adapter I originally had), it definitely could have been my rig that didn't like the adapter.