Memory Lane anticipation....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lv, Oct 7, 2005.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

anyone else dying to get one of these? seems to have the perfect feature set.....mine should be here in a couple weeks.

2. KLB

KLB Member

Mastervolume -- who has owned may great delay units -- what didn't you like about yours?

3. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

This is a great pedal with all the right features. The only gripe I have is the tap-tempo switch....it is of the type that requires a hard click, which makes it challenging to set for shorter delay times. I almost feel like that switch should have been one of those easy-push momentary-switches to better enable the tap-tempo function. Otherwise, it is the perfect delay if you're looking for one with delay time under 550ms.

4. KLB

KLB Member

Anybody got the new Moog analog delay (is it shipping yet?).
    How does this compare to the Memory Lane?

5. lv

lv Supporting Member

+1

Joe, would love to hear your thoughts.

6. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

7. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Hey,
    Yeah I just ordered mine yesterday, found a place with them in stock, and it will be here on Thursday. Can't wait for it, the delay I have been waiting for for a few years. Hope it lives up to my expectations and all the reviews I have read. I will let you all know.

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

I got mine late last week, and have found some really wonderful tones - the clean to delay mix is nice and quiet .. the modulation is very tasty..... in fact everything is excellent except one thing - the delay only out......

I didnt realize it but when you set up for stereo using the second/delay only out it means DELAY ONLY! , as in when you turn the delay off - no signal.

so you only have stereo when the delay is on.

I play in stereo all the time, so this was a big let down for me, .............................. I havent publicly reviewed it yet because of this.... Im trying to get to where I can see it for what it is instead of what I wanted it to be.

I had visions of a modulated analog stereo delay, " 2out of 3 aint baaaaaad' :cool:

9. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

I have had mine for a month now.

It is pretty good.

Has a analog mojo.

I agree about the tap tempo switch is tricky to get shorter times.

My biggest gripe is the delay time is just a smidge shorter than what i like.

600 ms is probably my fave setting on delays.

Ed said that my echo-tzar will be shipping shortly!

10. KLB

KLB Member

From looking at the website, it seems the Memory Lane is not intended as a STEREO device. It says --

- kill-dry' delay only output for amplifiers with parallel effect loops

- inserting cable into delay only output jack automatically
    removes delay signal from mix output giving separate
    direct only and delay only outputs

11. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

The documentation (that's been online for a long time now) clearly shows stereo use with *two* Memory Lane units in the setup. :D

12. Don Rusk

Yes, but that would involve actually reading the directions !!!!!!! :D :D :D

I saw a pair of out puts and was in love ~~~;)

13. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

Hey Guys!

Ummmmm.... I want another one.....

I bought 2 tylers one off of ebay and another that was a special order Mongoose special. I wasn't expecting to see the mongoose for another 2 months and the strat I picked up off of ebay was WAY better than any other strat I have ever played, New or vintage...so....

I have been selling everything that I can live without in order to afford both.

The casualties of war (gas...no war for oil.....wait no war for gas....nevermind)

I loved the Memory lane and plan to get another after the first of the year.

One of the must useful, best sounding delays ever.

14. lou_weed

lou_weed Member

loving mine. i hear you guys about the tap tempo deal, i was thinking a momentary switch would be better too, but i've gotten used to it the way it is. if i could change just one thing, it would be a higher available delay time. then it would be just perfect for me. as it stands, there's nothing perfect out there yet.

15. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Who makes this Memory Lane you all speak of? Where does one find them?

16. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Fuzzy,

Not to derail but fuzzy, when did you get on the wait list for the Echoczar?

17. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Yes, I want to know too, so I can anticipate when mine comes up!

18. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Echoes my sentiments. I had talked to a few of the respected pedal builders about the possibility of doing an analog delay with tap tempo. (Also talked about a tap tempo analog trem) I knew it could be done, but usually it was either, didn't want to take on the task, or that integrating the digital control with the analog chip would detract from their territory...

So I waited for someone to talk on the task, talked to Michael at the beginning of the year, and finally when he was ready to ship them, I ordered one from the custom shop.

Finally got it, and it sounds wonderful. It actually sounds just as good going into the clean or dirty channel.

I'm with fuzzy, I could use a little more delay time (650ms would be a happy number, 700ms would be even more comfortable) but other than that, its pretty hot. I'm totally happy with the pedal.

I plan on using the Echoczar for longer delay times, when tap tempo won't matter as much (even though I'm such a sucker for synced delays). At least, this is the plan. Echoczar is so pricey...but I really want to check it out.

19. Don Rusk

Well I have something to anticipate now ~~~ emailed with Michael and he is making a prototype box that will allow signal to be blended into both channel and correct any phase problems.... woo hoo !!!

20. threm

threm Member

Is there a trimpot for the delay time inside the box?

I have some delays that I`ve tweaked for longer delay times.Sometimes the max factory setting is set quite conservative and the box might be able to do more.

Yamaha E1010 (analog rack) says 300ms as max. I`ve gotten up to 800ms before aliasing/clock sounds get too obvious.
    The unit actually has four MN3005 chips.

Same with Ibanez AD202 (analog rack unit)

My modded AD900 gets up to 800ms when using the delay time expr pedal, but the clock noise is quite noticable then. But in reality I think it`s a highly usable sound, a sound on its own.

The EM5 (digital) can also be set for longer delay times. Mine two get very crunchy around 8-900 ms.