Menatone Das Boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by musica23, Dec 21, 2009.

1. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

Anybody own/using one??? Feedback wanted if ya got any. Thanks!

2. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I have two (one's for sale).
    They are my favorite. NO change in tone, no hyped highs, not harsh. the voice switch is nice, but i never feel the need to use it.
    I tried 10 before the das boost. Couldn't be happier.

3. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    bump - i'm also interested in more feedback on Das Boost. i have an RC Booster that i like, but I don't love.

4. Cap'nMayhem

Cap'nMayhem Member

Love mine I've used it for a solo boost, add pedal dirt, and as a volume pad for quieter practices. It excels in all three situations. I've messed with the voice switch a bit and it has it's uses, especially into another pedal but ,I more often than not, use it in the normal mode. Sounds great, tons of headroom, runs 18 volts on 1 9V battery or power supply, no tone coloration in normal mode, plenty of boost, PTP wired for $129! Any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

5. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

Sounds like what I've been looking for. I tried searching the net and came up with nothing re: Das Boost as far as reviews/discussions go. Nothing on Harmony Central even. :confused:

6. MBreinin

MBreinin Member

Every Menatone pedal I have used has been great. I will never part with my Blue Collar Overdrive. It is perfect as a boost into every amp I have tried it with.

I need to check this one out too.

Mike

7. slopeshoulder

No secret that I'm a Mena fan and heavy user.
    Brian is a great tech, but he does not apparently do the things one does to create a high profile. His stuff is not only second to none, but IMO better than all most of the time. His stuff should be salivated over like BJF, Lovepedal (blech), Klon, Wampler, Fetto, and whoever else is goosin' you GAS. I just find that the SOUND is so good: amplike, voiced extremely well. As I've said before, I sold most other OD's and all my boutique and vintage amps when I got hold of several Menatones. I haven't played the new dirty blonde or none more black, but if santa is nice...

8. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

lots of mena love here too....bought a first run tbiac and it was so amp-like and so much fun generally i started collecting - love them all but standout for me is kar krash - playing through tha one is godly.

9. slopeshoulder

yay dat. Kar Krash in unbelievable.

10. Cap'nMayhem

Cap'nMayhem Member

Very well put. I don't know why Menatone isn't more revered. Best pedal line out there IMO.

I've been known to salivate whenever I here about new products Brian is coming out with. It's always killer.