1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Menatone effects... learn me a thing or 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by niclake13, May 17, 2011.

1. niclake13

niclake13 Member

Alright people, educate me. Menatone (http://www.menatone.com/). How do you like these effects? Anyone use them with regularity?

2. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

have the 8 knob TBIAC. love it. one of the two ODs I use.

3. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

They are top notch. They are the original "amp in a can" pedals and are very amplike with their tube amp style circuitry and FET clipping. One thing cool is that lots of them can give you the CLEAN tones of amps too, not just overdrive tones. For instance, the Top Boost In A Can is the pedal to buy if you want your amp to turn into a Vox, cleans included. They're great sounding pedals. The King of the Britains is a great Marshall distortion, the Kar Krash is a great sounding Trainwreck style sound, and the Working Man's Blue is an awesome pedal that makes your clean tone sound like a Marshall clean tone. You can then run other dirt pedals through it and it will make them sound like they're going into a Marshall.

4. vanguard

vanguard Member

there ya go. i have the newest TBIAC and it is my favorite pedal. i've run a TBIAC regularly since 2002; it was my first guitar effect.

5. MBT74

MBT74 Member

I bought an 8 knob TBIAC and a new model KOTB from the emporium. The TBIAC is brilliant (I previously used a Tech21 Liverpool and I like the TBIAC much more). I'm hoping that I like the KOTB just as much when it arrives.

6. niclake13

niclake13 Member

Alright, cool. I'm looking for a high-gain, less-compressed OD to use instead of my Lovepedal Eternity Burst. I really liked the sounds I was getting out of the Blue Collar, but it wasn't hooked up in my rig. Sounded great w/ a Tele into a Hot Rod... dunno how it'd sound with a PRS into a Vox AC30.

7. dancehall

dancehall Member

I have a 7-knob KOTB and it's one of those pedals that makes me entirely lose interest in even looking at other distortion pedals, you know? That box is checked. On to other effects.

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Great pedals. I currently have an old Blue Collar and an old Mail Bomb. Have also had a Dirty Blonde and a Red Snapper. Would like more of them as well, they are some of my favorite pedals.

Mike

9. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

I've had a few Top Boost in a Cans (5 knob and 8 knob), his tremolo, and a drive that I forget the name of (I loved it at the shop, but it didn't work well through some of the backline amps I used).

The 8 knob TBiaC is really great. I loved it with my lap steel.

10. stopreferencing

stopreferencing Member

I've owned over fifteen Menatone pedals. They're really really awesome.

6-knob versions are my favorites.

11. King Rat

King Rat Member

I have a King of the britains. i love it to death but its not working anymore with power or battery so i shipped it off to brian to have a look and fix it a few weeks ago.... he hasnt got back to me yet so fingers crossed it got to him.

Have a Dirty blonde and i love that overdrive, its the one!!!

Had a "workingman's blues" pedal, which was great but i parted with it as it just wasnt something i was into at the time.

Have the Pleasure trem 5000 and its one totally gnarly trem! really been digging lately.

12. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

I loved how fast it could be set. Bordering on ring modulation.

13. mr tom

mr tom Supporting Member

Fish Factory, Red side....a thing of beauty with a Stratocaster and a BF Fender amp!

14. MBT74

MBT74 Member

My 4 knob KOTB arrived. Fantastic pedal. It'll do from "almost clean" to more gain then I'll ever use. If I see a WMB at a decent price, I'm going to grab that too. :)

15. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i used to own a whole set of the gray box old school ones, they were EPIC. loved my menatones!

16. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I own 15.
    They replaced 10 amps.
    I love them.
    Very few come close.

17. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

18. niclake13

niclake13 Member

Good to hear. I just had never been introduced to them before, nor had I seen them being sold on the forums.

... maybe there's a reason for that... people like them too much. :p

19. dudelove

dudelove Member

Exactly the same feeling as you. Have never found interest in any other distortion, no matter the hype, no matter what I hear on youtube. For 2 years already. Longest serving pedal on my pedalboard.

20. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

Just bought a 8 knob Workingman's Blue. Can't wait for it to come in. Super impressed with the TBIAC I have. I wonder if there is a Tweed-in-an-box Menatone...

Kinda frustrating not being able to find a comprehensive list of old and current pedals and its versions. The Menatone website is pretty crummy, demos are hard to come by.