Menatone JAC: Two different versions, now discontinued??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ariel Pozzo, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Ariel Pozzo

Ariel Pozzo Member

I cannot find any reference about this pedal on Menatone´s site. While searching the net I found there was two different versions of it...this is the first:

[​IMG]

And the one I own:

[​IMG]

Anyone here have the scoop about what happened to the JAC, and what about these two different versions? :)

2. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I don't think the version you have is discontinued, I just don't think it is up on the Menatone site yet, that is the new knobs they use AND the new Menatone logo... so if it IS discontinued... they did it right after re-launching the new line-up... and that doesn't make much sense... maybe try contacting Brian Mena... his e-mail is on the Menatone site.

-TJK

3. menatone

menatone Member

no the Jac is not discontinued.

i just haven't had time to update the website lately.

brian
    menatone

4. Headshot

Headshot Senior Member

Hey,

Did you just snag that JAC off of E-Bay??!!

Yeah, Brian has been updating the Menatone line, one by one, but is so busy, it's hard to keep up the website.

I'm a Menatone WHORE lately. I'm loving the sounds that I'm getting with the Menatone pedals.

H

5. Ariel Pozzo

Ariel Pozzo Member

I got my JAC new from Tone Merchants about a month ago...and it´s been turned ON on my pedalboard ever since...a stunning pedal.:)

6. Ariel Pozzo

Ariel Pozzo Member

Thanks Brian.
    I would like to know about those two different versions...I hope anyone here can give us the real scoop...it seems like it was upgraded to the second version by adding the CUT control...am I right?:)

7. John_M

John_M Supporting Member

I ALMOST snagged that JAC on the bay a few days back. $150 seemed like a great price.

Ah, my Tone Press is still a great comp and I'd really only want to check out the Menatone cuz I've got 4 others on the board and it would look cool to have all menatone :)

Plus the extra LED is hip!

8. muddy

muddy Member

when i emailed brian, if memory serves, the cut was for getting rid of mids. otherwise, they are exactly the same.

ml

9. menatone

menatone Member

the cut it a high end cut, just like an AC30 amp.
    some people thought it was too bright.

brian
    menatone

10. malabarmusic

malabarmusic Member

Can the JAC handle more than 9V? I'm wondering if there are any sonic/noise benefits to be had from 12V or 18V, but don't want to fry mine trying! And yes, it's an excellent compressor!

- DB

11. menatone

menatone Member

anything up to 18volts is fine. just use your ears to decide if you like higher voltage.

brian
    menatone

12. malabarmusic

malabarmusic Member

Thanks so much, Brian!

- DB

13. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Yeah that should be a great upgrade - the JAC had a little treble spike and sometimes thats a good t hing especially when boosting a drive with it,,,, but sometimes it could be a bit too bright so being able t o roll it off a tad to match the bypassed tone will be excellent

14. BluesFluesy

BluesFluesy Member

IS the Mentone JAC Compressor still available in stores? whats a good price?

15. storm319

storm319 Member

I have played the original PTP JAC. Great comp, but the Keeley still edged it out. However, this is definatly the second best comp I have every played (I have played them all other than the Analogman comps)