• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Menatone PoPo fuzz review

uberdave

Silver Supporting Member
Menatone pedals are great pedals, and even thou I don't have one on my board
for the 1st time in many years... And guess what I will eventually buy another Menatone!
I always say the best advertisement for Menatone is from the players themselves.
Brian is a good dude and make some of the best pedals.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
for those of you experienced with the PoPo:
how much low-end do you feel is cut from the original guitar signal, when the pedal is engaged?
just wondering!

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
The PoPo has so much bottom end I think it adds bass.
right, thanks!

maybe my question should have been:
does the bottom of the guitar's low-end automatically shift upwards, even if there's more of it?
weird, i know..... but, i'm..... well, obsessive about this.

i think i simply need to try one for myself.

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
right, thanks! maybe my question should have been: does the bottom of the guitar's low-end automatically shift upwards, even if there's more of it? weird, i know..... but, i'm..... well, obsessive about this. i think i simply need to try one for myself.
I will play with this tonight and see if I hear what you're describing. From what I remember off hand I would say no.

PerryR

Gold Supporting Member
Popo has balls! I really like how you can snug up the bottom. The trimmers offer additional control to fine tune the response and character, great pedal!

Jatmosphere

for those of you experienced with the PoPo:
how much low-end do you feel is cut from the original guitar signal, when the pedal is engaged?
just wondering!
The Popo's low-end is fat, thick and badass. It has such an great organic feel (like all things Menatone). Tweaked the hi cut a bit to make it brighter and it just always sounds amazing.

Geardog

Gold Supporting Member
I know this is an old thread. I just picked up a NOS Popo Fuzz. It's the older 3-knob. Sounds great to me. The Sag is very scratchy at every turn of the knob. The dealer said to try adjust the trim pot bias. I had to leave town and didn't yet have a chance to play around with that. Anyone have the scratchy pot experience on the Sag?

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom