Menatone TBIAC clip...

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by tmuka, Aug 7, 2008.

1. tmuka

tmuka Member

I got my TBIAC this week and the honeymoon has definitely started... I recorded a little clip so you can enjoy it too. I'm really loving this pedal, i've never really played must on a real Vox amp, so I can't evaluate it's accuracy in that regard, but man is this fun to play!

First, clean > boost switch on > boost off, tbiac on > both on ...
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=862383&songID=6789344

A bit of a jam using the tbiac... excuse the questionable improv, not my usual style, but the pedal made me do it!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=862383&songID=6789414

And one more just rhythm... nice and crunchy. (and sloppy improv playing).
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=862383&songID=6789567

The active signal path is Fender Baja Tele > Menatone TBIAC > Fender '76 VibroChamp 1x12 Custom. > SM-57 > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > Mobius. No eq, verb, or other effects.

If you like I can probably add a longer clip of me noodling around...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

sounds great! Cool tones and playing! I have been curious about that pedal and I am now definitely really interested to get one of these soon!

Thanks for posting the clips and I for one would love to hear more clips from you!

Eric

3. tmuka

tmuka Member

Thanks, Eric! Definitely give the TBIAC a try, I wish I would have long ago! I've added one more crunchy rhythm track... I'm pretty bad as describing sounds with words, but I love the harmonics and chime in this thing!

4. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

All Brians pedals sound fantastic as they really are more amp like! I'd never suspect the workhorse was a fender amp. Great results!

5. MCG

MCG Member

Would you tell me how the 'cut' knob affects the pedal please?

MCG

6. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

That's a really cool tone you're getting there.

7. tmuka

tmuka Member

Thanks for the comments. @MCG, i didn't get any documentation with the used pedal, but as far as I can tell from a few brief turns of the cut knob is that if filters high frequency presence. Ironically even with all those knobs, all knobs at 12 o'clock is how i've been using it!