Merren transformers

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone know if they are still in business? I tried through their FB page and their email
with no luck.

VICOwner

Gold Supporting Member
I haven’t ordered a transformer from Chris in a few months but as far as I know he’s still available. You have to be patient with Chris.

MHG

I'd imagine most of the builders that were using Classic-Tone are now planning on using Merren. Hopefully we didn't lose them as well!!!!!

glogulus

Silver Supporting Member
As others have mentioned. Calling him sometimes works better than email. I also may be having an amp being built by him, but probably not, maybe. I'd be happy to get it if he is though.

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
As others have mentioned. Calling him sometimes works better than email. I also may be having an amp being built by him, but probably not, maybe. I'd be happy to get it if he is though.

Well at least he wound the transformers for that 45/100 then!

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
I don't see Merren as a direct replacement for Classic Tone................as the cost would be significantly more.

I've also found him difficult to get a hold of vs. those who are buying from him regularly.............but he certainly makes great stuff, that is for sure.

:beer

Last edited:

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
I don’t get this way of running a business, I might have to look elsewhere.

Ultra GP

Gold Supporting Member
That's fair enough really - and for those who have been waiting a long time for their amp builds... I waited a little over a year for my second one (back in 2010) and both were more than worth it. He never actually ignored any phone calls/messages when I asked for an update, so you can always check with him.

It was pretty cool to hear him play the first one over the phone too. :dude

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member

Use Marstran if you can’t wait, assuming you're after Marshall Iron.

If memory serves me correct, this isn’t the only thing he does so you need to be patient.

Good luck.

:beer

Last edited:

MHG

I contacted him within the last year or so about building me an amp. He said he was no longer taking orders.

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
I contacted him within the last year or so about building me an amp. He said he was no longer taking orders.
Just a clarification, he won't be taking orders on amps or transformers too?

MHG

Just a clarification, he won't be taking orders on amps or transformers too?

I only asked about amps. This was before COVID though, so it was probably closer to two years ago. The Transformer side of things were definitely still running normally at that point.

Deus56

Totally get where your coming from, it's just that
sometimes you have to deal with certain "quirks" that these uber
fanatical/meticulous guys have.
Here is my spare Merren Radiospares OT, unfortunately he does not
make these anymore, due to not being able to
source the correct laminates.
IMG-0449.jpg
IMG-1086.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom