Merry Christmas and a happy new year to me!!

ZoomP

Felt the itch to have GAS again. Had this '81 Hamer Special that I traded back to the original owner for a 90s Hamer Korina P90 Artist instead. Fast forward a couple of years later, the Artist was traded off for a cool Greco Zemaitis. Zemaitis sold, so I was given a nice offer to buy back this Special from the owner who doesn't really play anymore. So here you go:

'81 Hamer Special. The bridge pot has become very scratchy and contact cleaner didn't help. Off it goes, and now awaiting a new 3-way switch (Only the Rickenbacker one is a direct fit) and will be putting in RS Guitarworks Superpot which has a 30% taper, close to the 35% taper on the original Hamer pot.

31795015145_3998791a82_b.jpg

Fast forward again to 3 Jan 2017... been eyeing this 90s reissue Korean made Danelectro U2. So far all the tones I've heard from this reissue has been stellar! Got it from a local guy here. Not in the best condition, but after a nice wipe-down, lemon oil nourished fretboard and some desoldering of loose wirings. Here we go! The color is too funky for me, but this is the only available piece locally. Oh well...

31961293321_a805e492f5_b.jpg

73Fender

Nice pair. That finish will grow on you I bet. Happens to me all the time. And the Hamer, not much to say. Great guitars. That one has a sustain block bridge right? Congrats

ZoomP

Nice pair. That finish will grow on you I bet. Happens to me all the time. And the Hamer, not much to say. Great guitars. That one has a sustain block bridge right? Congrats
Yeah the infamous sustain block bridge. Thanks!

Guitarworks

I had the translucent red '81 Hamer special just like yours with the sustain block bridge I bought as the second owner back in 1988. It was my first US made guitar, and a fun guitar. I eventually dealt it away to buy one of my Les Pauls, which I don't regret, but I reminisce each time I see that someone picked up an old original USA sustain block Hamer special. Enjoy it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom