Merry Little Christmas

L5player

How about a Christmas tune? It is the day after TG after all! I did this tune about two years ago, pretty much improvised but in fingerstyle which I am not a pro at... But anyway, I thought it turned out decent. Played on my L5 through an amp with a bit of hiss. This was before I got into computer recording.

Jim's fingerstyle solo of Merry Little Christmas

Jim

Love it!! Not sure if you checked out my holiday wishes w/music thread here, but I am a sucker for this stuff. So much so that what started a few years ago as a Christmas present for my mom, turned into a 17 song CD. :lol:
It just seems that these are great songs and lend themselves to solo style on guitar. I think your fingerstyle is terrific. I am doing a bastardized finger/thumb combination thing, kind of whatever comes naturally and make it work decently. I keep saying that I am going to get serious about this style and develope it. Maybe someday.
I will probably post some more throughout the season.

Peace,
Duffy

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by L5player
How about a Christmas tune? It is the day after TG after all! I did this tune about two years ago, pretty much improvised but in fingerstyle which I am not a pro at... But anyway, I thought it turned out decent. Played on my L5 through an amp with a bit of hiss. This was before I got into computer recording.

Jim's fingerstyle solo of Merry Little Christmas

Jim

Another beautiful one! Excellent playing. Thanks for posting it!

L5player

Originally posted by Normster
Beautiful song Jim!
Thanks Norm,

While I'm starting to get in the holiday mood, I haven't gotten into the "mall" frame of mind yet! LOL

Hope to see you this week. I'll call you about Wednesday when I find out if we are on.

Jim

Trending Topics