1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Little Christmas

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by L5player, Nov 25, 2005.

1. L5player

L5player Member

How about a Christmas tune? It is the day after TG after all! I did this tune about two years ago, pretty much improvised but in fingerstyle which I am not a pro at... But anyway, I thought it turned out decent. Played on my L5 through an amp with a bit of hiss. This was before I got into computer recording.

Jim's fingerstyle solo of Merry Little Christmas

Jim

2. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Love it!! Not sure if you checked out my holiday wishes w/music thread here, but I am a sucker for this stuff. So much so that what started a few years ago as a Christmas present for my mom, turned into a 17 song CD. :lol:
    It just seems that these are great songs and lend themselves to solo style on guitar. I think your fingerstyle is terrific. I am doing a bastardized finger/thumb combination thing, kind of whatever comes naturally and make it work decently. I keep saying that I am going to get serious about this style and develope it. Maybe someday.
    I will probably post some more throughout the season.

Peace,
    Duffy

3. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Another beautiful one! Excellent playing. Thanks for posting it!

4. Normster

Normster Member

Beautiful song Jim!

5. L5player

L5player Member

Thanks Norm,

While I'm starting to get in the holiday mood, I haven't gotten into the "mall" frame of mind yet! LOL

Hope to see you this week. I'll call you about Wednesday when I find out if we are on.

Jim