Mesa 5:50 and 1960a Cab ?

Lullabies

If I wanted to run a Marshall 1960a cab with my Mesa 5:50 express and use the internal speaker how would I go about that. There are 2 4 ohm outputs and a 8 ohm which the internal speaker is plugged in. Under the two 4 ohm inputs it says in brackets use with 2 8 ohm speakers. Does that mean I have to plug the 1960a cab set to stereo 8 ohm and then plug the internal speaker into the other 4 ohm jack or can I run the 1960a in 4 ohm mono into just one of the 4 ohm jacks and keep the internal speaker plugged into the 8 ohm jack ??

Anyone with experience or knowledge with this the help is much appreciated:bow

I'm not exactly the best with ohms and cabs!!

jpage

Is there a mono 16ohm input on your Marshall cab? If so, I'd run that out to the 8ohm out of your Express. That's what Mesa recommends (and what I do with my Mark V).

Lullabies

Is there a mono 16ohm input on your Marshall cab? If so, I'd run that out to the 8ohm out of your Express. That's what Mesa recommends (and what I do with my Mark V).
yepp there is. So that would mean no internal speaker right ?

I don't need the internal speaker so whatever works

jpage

Yeah unplug the internal speaker. But remember to always have SOMETHING plugged in.

Lullabies

I also have a JCM900 1936 2x12 cab that is 8 ohm mono so I can try that with my Mesa too and see which sounds best.