Mesa Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jarrod C, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Jarrod C

Jarrod C Member

I'm looking to get a Mesa Boogie! I've been eyeing the Rectoverb 25 but I'm not sure if I'd be better off getting a full on Dual Rectifier. I'll be playing a lot of Tool and Post-Metal kinda stuff. For home use, do you think the ROV25 would be the best option out of what Mess has to offer?

2. HugoTheCat

HugoTheCat Member

A great boogie to get is a DC-5.

The hidden gem. One channel is a Single Rectifier and the other one was designed off the first boogie from the 70’s.

3. mikemjr12

mikemjr12 Member

Since you're going for home use, yeah I'd probably go with the rectoverb 25. You can switch it down to 10 watts and jam out. Otherwise the volume/gain balance could be tough.

CRAIG4FSU likes this.
  4. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Actually, if it were me, I'd get the Mini Rectifier. The Rectoverb doesn't seem to achieve the same amount of distortion levels as the Mini, nor is it as socially pleasing from Clean to Mean for lack of a better term. Since the Mini has an FX Loop, you can always run a Reverb and Delay that way. But as I always suggest, try to find a local music store that carries Mesa products and demo them yourself, listen to YouTube clips, read reviews and let you own judgement make the decision. Good luck!

forgivenman and aynirar27 like this.
  5. Al Rose

Al Rose Silver Supporting Member

I agree. While Mesa says the amps are identical, I've played both side-by-side and I think the Mini Rectifier has more gain and is a tick more aggressive.

Al