• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Mesa/Boogie Delays

beaves

I ordered a Mesa/Boogie Cab from SW back in August. I check in with SW every month for a status. They continue to push it out saying Mesa/Boogie is behind on everything and can't comment on when they will be caught up. It's pushed out into Nov/Dec earliest now. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm committed to the order and don't intend to cancel, but man this is frustrating.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
It's probably the Virus thing holding things up - every area of the country is affected, some more than others, it may well be that getting people to come into the facility and build amps and cabs that is not socially-distancing friendly, maybe employees are just reluctant to come to work for personal reasons, distancing not withstanding ... it could be lots of issues. I once ordered a goldtop McCarty back in '06 - that took 7 months to show up and there was no pandemic then; these relatively small companies are not cranking out Ford F150s at a rate of 60 per hour on two shifts a day. All good things come to those who wait. It will be worth it.

Chris6870

Silver Supporting Member
Be prepared to wait. I ordered an amp from Bogner, also in Ca. in February and did not get it until Sept.

IanRubbish

I went by Mesa about a month back to drop off a Mark V for servicing, they said they were as busy as ever.

Jabby92

Demand for a lot of guitar gear has been huge this year.. and the used market will probably be flooded after. Mesa does a lot of stuff by hand, so not surprised they're busy and taking longer.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Many small builders (guitars and amps) are experiencing two key variables that are forcing longer lead times: 1) Some, believe it or not, are busier than they have ever been - for many reasons, and 2) Supply chain issues - some parts are taking longer to obtain due to slower production of various components and raw materials.

Much of it is pandemic-related. A couple issues to think about.... People that would have potentially spent money on entertainment/vacation travel, live concerts, etc are not doing that. Instead they are sitting at home in front of their computers looking at -- and actually buying - gear. Thus, financial resources are being channeled differently. I have communicated with four small guitar builders in the last six weeks. All four are at least as busy as they have ever been - a couple are busier than they've ever been. Go figure.

Lead times for some of the components/part required to build or finish these guitars are longer than during non-pandemic times (i.e., the producers have employees/staffs that are falling ill, forcing shutdowns that affect production and delivery schedules, etc. Transportation of parts is slower. And on and on.). Combine that with robust demand, and an overall lengthening of delivery dates is being experienced in many cases.

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered a combo cab for my Mk.V directly from Mesa yesterday.
They said it would be 3-4 weeks.
We shall see......

J Factor

Silver Supporting Member
Ordered a Mesa 1x12 cab in late August, est. lead time 6-8 weeks. We just hit week 9, and fingers crossed it's on it's way.

Araman

Ordered the JP2C on august... the estimated waiting time is still 15/19 weeks (Europe) .... :knittingsigh

Trending Topics