Mesa Boogie Mark III enroute settings thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bikerdude2, Apr 19, 2008.

1. bikerdude2

bikerdude2 Member

So it looks like I have a sweet Mark III coming to me :bananalate next week or so, so I figured I'd start a thread to see if anyone would like to share settings. Any settings appreciated. Thanks!

2. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

[​IMG]

There ya go, the Mesa ownership manual.

Bryan

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

The Mesa Boogie Mark III is one of the best Amps that have ever been built or played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off what guitars will you be playing with it?

I use Ashen Teles so my settings are set aroung those guitar tones.

I set Clean Channel Volume 7, Trebile 3, Bass 4 (pulled), Middle 5, Lead Drive 5, Lead Master 6, Presence 2, Reverb 3, Graphic set as kind of a Smiley Face with the lowest frequency boosted the most, then the next a little down from there the next down from there then next up from there, then up from there.

Now my settings should include the fact I use a Classic Lead 80 in mine. I just dont care for the EV with Ashen Tele's.

4. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

I've had a MarK III blue label for years. Settings I use. First I use EL34s on the outsides & 2 6L6's in the middle slots. In Class A you run the EL34s to evoke a British tone. In simulclass you get the full power running all power tubes. Settings I use are left to right: Volume 7, Treble 7, Bass 4, Mids 7, Master 2 to 4 (pull out bass boost) adjust to optimal volume levels Lead Drive 6 to 8 , Lead Master 4-5, back panel, Presence 7, Reverb 3 -4, Graphic EQ a V pattern. I use strats, PRS, & ES335

You can download a MK III manual online. It also recommends some settings, Frank

5. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Download teh Manual and use that as a starting point guide ! !!111! :band

I have a red and green stripe and both are great sounding amps ....... seriously a TON of different tones out of those amps.

The best thing to do is patch them into a 4x12 and blow your mind 1 !1!!! :JAM

6. mesanatic

mesanatic Member

I use only the pull deep pulled depending on the guitar. The Gain I change depending on the type of music or I leave it above 6.5 and use the guitar volume. That works well. Adjust the Master to taste. I like the EQ off when I go to the clean channel so I use Auto. Great feature. Class A (1/2 power on my long head) or Simulclass (full power) give me more tonal flavors. Great amp, good luck and have fun with it. Presence 3.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mvd18969

mvd18969 Member

What type of music are you playing? This amp is a beast and takes a little bit of trial and error and tweaking to find your tone. Definitely not a plug and play amp out of the gate. I find the amp gets a fair amount of bad press due to the fact that it takes a little time to find and dial in your sound. Don't be frustrated, it will be worth the wait!
    I have an '87 red stripe combo and play hard rock/metal. Here are my settings:
    Volume 7 (PULL)
    Treble 10 (PULL)
    Bass 7 (PULL)
    Mid 5
    Master 1 to 2 (PULL)........(This is one loud combo that will peel paint off of the walls)
    Lead Drive 5 to 6
    Lead master 2 (PULL)
    Presence 8
    Reverb 6

I should note that I have had some slight mods done to mine to make the reverb more lush and pronounced, and to even out the volume when switching from the clean channel to the rhythm channel.
    Are you getting the footswitches with it? If not or if you want to simplify this to a single footswitch instead of the 3 individual ones, check out www.voodoomanswitches.com This guy makes some great stuff that is really high quality.
    Welcome to the club!

8. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

The mesa manual is online, I read mine be fore I bought my mark iv, the manual that came with the amp really has never been opened as far as I know, the website is a lot easier to use.

Mark III manual

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark%20III.pdf

9. bikerdude2

bikerdude2 Member

I play Hard Rock and Metal, and will be using my Suhr Standard. I've owned a few boogie's in the past, so I'm ready to tweak to get my tone. Appreciate the settings.

10. mesanatic

mesanatic Member

Metal huh? With a Mk III? Can they do that? Just in case, here are some Metallica settings but ignore the Master Volume settings or you'll go deaf. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (melody) has the volume on 10 and the Master V on 8.

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/metallica.html

11. bikerdude2

bikerdude2 Member

Thanks!

12. MesieBooga

MesieBooga Member

I might try one out today as well. Been a IIC+ guy for a long time- never played a III.