Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by josh_michael, Jan 29, 2015.

1. josh_michael

josh_michael Member

So I'm just seeing the Boogie V 25. Wanted to see what some of yall thought about it. Specifically guys that don't play metal or anything like that. Nothing against it, it's just not what I do. I know a lot of people use and love these for high gain & metal. But, I'm considering it for other reasons. I like the switchable between 25 and 10 W. The speaker sim out seems awesome. It's small, portable. I haven't found anywhere to try one out yet which is why I'm asking you guys. It sounded really good on demos, I just want to know what you all think about it as regards to not playing it high gain. For example, how are the cleans, edge of breakup, and overdrive tones? I really like the way this amp looks too because of the great EQ section. It just seems like one of those things were, it's the only amp you'd need because it has so many tone shaping options, and could even eliminate an overdrive pedal or two. What do you guys think?
    -Josh

2. bchamorro

bchamorro Member

I own one and I think you should buy one tomorrow.

3. josh_michael

josh_michael Member

lol thanks man. It looks totally awesome. And sounds it (on videos)

4. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Exceptional amp! I absolutely LOVE it mine!

5. Faded

Faded Member

Use the search function at the top of this sub. There is a mega thread answering your questions.

6. bchamorro

bchamorro Member

what;s the easiest way to change preamp tubes?

7. joeprs

joeprs Member

8. josh_michael

josh_michael Member

9. joeprs

joeprs Member

You're welcome.

10. xchemie

xchemie Member

The chassis is very tightly fit into the head... not easy to remove.

That said, it is a good little amp. Sounds fantastic, and playing it you get the urge to keep turning up the master. Which kept getting me in trouble at home!

The only negative thing I noticed was that with the master past 3 o'clock both the green and red channels started to sound nearly identical because of distortion in the el84's.

The amp is quiet at idle, with minimal circuit hiss, which is great for recording through the DI. There is a cooling fan though, which runs continuously.