Sold Mesa Electra Dyne 1x12 combo for Clean Marshall types, Route 66 or PRS Archon

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by Ape2000, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Ape2000

Ape2000 Supporting Member

I keep going back and forth on this; but I'm relisting it for now in the hopes of scoring a JTM50.

These are pretty well-regarded amps that come up in plenty of amp recommendation posts here and else where.

There's some small scuffs from transportation, but it has a slip-case and includes the footswitch.

The footswitch seems a little wonky, but it was like that when I bought the amp. (Doesn't seem to let me change to the red channel).

I'm happy to take and share some additional pictures through here or email. Also on Reverb. https://reverb.com/item/26893013-mesa-boogie-electra-dyne-1x12-guitar-combo-amp

This thing is heavy. Super heavy. Shipping won't be cheap. Down for a local deal - I'm in the Austin area.

Selling for $850 PP. Buyer pays actual shipping.

Update 9/8/19: Down to trade for the following:
    • Marshall JTM 50
    • Marshal Vintage Modern
    • ...or any Marshalls that have solid cleans.
    • PRS Archon 50 or 100
    • Dr. Z Route 66
    • Tyler JT-46

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    SDMF38 and timmers like this.
  2. Ape2000

Update 9/8/19: Down to trade for the following:
    • Marshall JTM 50
    • Marshal Vintage Modern
    • ...or any Marshalls that have solid cleans.
    • PRS Archon 50 or 100
    • Dr. Z Route 66
    • Tyler JT-46
    May be interested in other, similar amps; however, I'm not really looking to spend any additional cash at this time. Send me your warm, clean, Marshall-voiced pedal platforms. The smaller (weight/size) the better.

3. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Killer Amp! Can't believe you're ditching it. Someone will be super happy!

Ape2000 likes this.
  4. Ape2000

It really is; but lugging it around is taking its toll on me. I've even been looking into lighter weight guitars just to ease some of the impingement on my shoulders.

5. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

I'm 62 years old and play professionally, I totally get it. Still wonderful amp,used to own the head version.

Ape2000 likes this.
  6. Ape2000

Quite so. I don't love that red setting, but green and blue are great. Lately, the blue setting with the gain/volume around 9-10 and using the master as needed has been best. The green cleans are solid, but I've noticed that I like it more when the volume is up pretty high bringing in more of the low-mids. Either of those settings seem to suit my style more and take kindly to my pedals. So I'm thinking something like a JTM or bass spec Marshall will do what I need. Who knows, I still may even keep the ED.

What'd you decide to move on to?

7. Ape2000

I think I'm just going to keep this. Would be a hassle to ship and I do enjoy the amp. Will look into making it a head and cab.