• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mesa F-50 Combo Problem

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
My Mesa F-50 1x12 combo has no sound in the gain channel. Clean channel works fine but nothing from the gain channel. This just started last night. New tubes have less than 8 hours on them.

I'm going to take it in to the shop but I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas of what it might be?

recto-robbie

Hey Hoboman,,, you should have kept the f30 you sold me,, she is working like a charm, damn fine amp!!!:crazyguy.
Anyways I have a feeling that the preamp tubes V1 or V2 are the problem.
Even though they are new tubes doesnt mean that both sides of the tube are working correctly. I have a feeling it might be V2 because thats the boost stage tube for both channels. Swap some known good preamp tubes in V1,V2 and V4. I would think this may solve your problem.
Good luck, see ya around.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Glad that F-30 is working out for you. Those are GREAT amps, destined to become a classic (IMO).

Thanks for the tip. These are new tubes and I still have the old ones. I will try putting them back in tonight to see if that fixes it.

I'll keep you updated.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Robbie,

THAT WAS IT! Bad phase inverter tube. Glad I saved my old ones.

If we ever meet at McDonalds again lunch is on me!

Thanks,

Dave

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
OK, update. When I put the new tubes in from Eurotubes I put the Balanced Phase Inverter tube in the wrong socket. Shouldn't have made a difference but when I put it in the correct socket everything works fine.

Thanks again Robbie.

Trending Topics