Mesa F50 weak reverb?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Noise Under The Floor, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Silver Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    Picked up a Mesa F50 last week. Really killer little combo. Very impressed with its tones and the insane amount of gain on tap.

My only gripe is with the reverb. Its just plain weak. I don't know if that's just the way the 'verb is on this amp or if there's a problem with it. Its basically just adds a little "ambience" until you really crank it, then it sounds sort of distant and washed out more than true reverb. Any F series owners out there who can confirm if this is just how this amp's verb is? For having a long tank reverb I would expect better.

2. heavypick

heavypick Member

I had one and felt the same way about the reverb. I ended up trading it. Nice amp though.

3. Seakayak

Seakayak Supporting Member

Mine is the same. The reverb tank is useless, otherwise a great amp. I use a pedal for reverb (TC Hall of Fame).

4. tiptone

tiptone Member

Confirming the weak reverb. At the time that was the Mesa with the best clean channel.

5. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Silver Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    Thanks for the confirmation. Was wondering if maybe something was wrong with it.

I actually love everything about the amp other than the reverb, what a total miss, what were they thinking? Complete waste of a long tank. Should've just left 'verb off the amp if that's the best they could do!

Anyway, since starting this thread I've picked up a Hardwire Supernatural and am using that for verb. The thing that pleasantly surprised me was how well the effects loop works.