FS Mesa Lonestar Classic 1-12" combo - Reduced Again!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs Emporium' started by pale fire, May 21, 2019.

1. pale fire

pale fire Supporting Member

Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic (100 watt / 6L6) 1-12" combo for sale. Comes with casters, footswitch, and cover. The amp is very gently used and everything works. While the amp is compact, because of its weight I would prefer a sale in Tampa / St Pete / Clearwater / Sarasota. Glad to meet halfway if you are in Orlando / Gainesville / Ft. Myers. If you are outside the area and are willing to pay the shipping charges, let's talk first - I expect this will be (well?) over $100 to ship.

Now $1,045 + shipping

Thanks! - Dominic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    JackS2 and mixn4him like this.
  2. Moshaholic

Moshaholic Supporting Member

Nice amp, I am in Tampa. I always heard for some reason or another (possibly the cabinet size) the 1x12 lonestar classic sounded better than the 2x12

pale fire likes this.
  3. pale fire

Hey Mosh - I have had this exact experience with amps in the past; my Swart AST Master combo and some other amps I have used were better through 1-12" than 2-12"s …..maybe because more speakers disperses the sound more so less focus / mids??? For the Mesa, I only played through a 2-12" at the Mesa store in Hollywood, but I would agree that my 1-12" combo is at least as good....and much easier to transport. If you want to come by and try the amp out, just p.m. me. Cheers! - Dominic

4. Moshaholic

Moshaholic Supporting Member

Hi - I had a brand new 2x12 Lone star combo and it sounded really boxy which was is funny because I have a 1x12 lonestar 23" cab I use with a Mesa express+ and pedals on the clean channel and it sounds way more nice balanced. BTW, where are you in Tampa?

pale fire likes this.
  5. pale fire

I am in south tampa

6. musekatcher

musekatcher Supporting Member

Probably my #1 or #2 candidate for a Mesa, if I ever pick one up...which btw, entails 72 lb, lol. I ain't skeered...

pale fire likes this.
  7. pale fire

Mesa does a good job with the casters on this combo and it is compact. Heavy - but easier to maneuver that many other amps

8. musekatcher

musekatcher Supporting Member

Absolutely. Mesa's are probably the most efficiently packaged amps, they get a ton of amp and features in the smallest package. It all goes back to that first Randall Smith Princeton mod.

pale fire likes this.