Mesa Mini recto acb - straight or slant?

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
Looking at picking one up soon.

In theory the slant has slightly less internal volume and thereby may cut the bass some, s well as being slightly angled up making it easier to hear in a live situation. The straight cab should in theory have a touch more bass but not be as easy to hear. The differences are so minor between these two, however [due to their size] that there might be little to no real difference in the real world. Any thoughts on this? Anyone actually own both and hear a difference?

jeff5371

Gold Supporting Member
I have both and I actually prefer the slant when I'm just using one cabinet. It projects a bit better but still has a good thump and fullness to it.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I tried both and I liked the slant a bit better as well. Not a whole lot of difference that is all that noticeable between the two. As with all Mesa cabs, they are built very well. I just think their up charges for grill cloths and different tolex are much to high.

tone4days

Silver Supporting Member
in the slant, is the speaker actually angled upward? or is the angle on the slant cabinet simply a (very attractive) cosmetic feature of the cabinet?

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
I just think their up charges for grill cloths and different tolex are much to high.
I noticed that as well. The black can is $450, but the EXACT same cab but with a black and wheat grill cloth to match my Rectoverb 25 is $525. $75 for a GRILL CLOTH DIFFERANCE??!?!??

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I noticed that as well. The black can is $450, but the EXACT same cab but with a black and wheat grill cloth to match my Rectoverb 25 is $525. $75 for a GRILL CLOTH DIFFERANCE??!?!??
Yup! And then if you want a different Tolex.....you might as well just buy a 2x12!

Like anything else, custom has its price.