Mesa Mini Recto Switching problem

djy8131

A few nights ago, I was trying out my new guitar (PRS SC58) through my mini recto. After playing for about 5 minutes, I noticed loud chords would cause the amp to switch channels automatically. The head was on top of the cab. I unplugged the cable and everything seemed ok. When I plugged it back in, it did it again sometimes switching very rapidly. After this happened, I took the footswitch cable and checked continuity on it while pulling on it pretty hard. Cable tested fine and has very little use anyway. I called Mesa and they were very helpful but I couldn't get the problem to reproduce itself. Anyone have an idea of what could have happened? Of course a bad cable is the first suspect but I am confident the cable is fine. I was wondering if there was a problem with the jack on the amp causing an intermittent short

djy8131

I would say a cold solder joint on one of the switching relays.
That makes sense. I could probably test it by gently moving the head while it was turned on. Only question is, wouldn't it still have the problem with the cable unplugged it it was a relay solder joint?

Trending Topics