Mesa single rectifer (solo 50 head)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LorClev1089, May 15, 2015.

1. LorClev1089

LorClev1089 Member

Recently picked one of these up in a trade. Never cared too much for Mesa before but I like this one a lot. I play in a gigging band and I'm always tinkering with my set up. This amp fits my bands style perfectly. I use a fair amount of effects and I've never been too keen on using fx loops but running delays into the front of this amp was not as nice as I was hoping. However when I tried the fx loop, if I'm using delay and/or reverb (I do a lot of swells and ambience stuff) I can get a loud, low hum akin to self oscillation on an analog delay. It grows louder and louder til I shut the effects in the loop off. I hve the fx loop mix knob set to the wettest it will get (90%) because without it being that high the effects aren't present enough. Any one got any insight as to what's happening here? If appreciate any comments

2. Stormin

Stormin Supporting Member

On the Rectos, it's a parallel loop, not a series loop.

There is a very easy mod on the Boogie Board if you wanna Google it. It involves disconnecting one wire and moving another to a different lug on the FX mix pot. What the loop does is take the pot out of the circuit and convert the loop to a standard series loop.

3. RussB

RussB low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

Have you read the owner's manual yet? There is some great info on how to use the loop

4. LorClev1089

LorClev1089 Member

Checking the owners manual would've been a great place to start and should've been a no brainier.
    **facepalm**