Mesa TC-100 For Home Use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GregS, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

Thats cool, I found channel 2 got enough crunch for me but I understand your point.. it is a more modern voiced amp overall. Definitely in line with more modern Marshall or Bogner like sounds.

The Fillmore is great, a lot of guys seem excited for the 100 model. They're definitely a great amp as well and more targetted towards people who like the older style amps.

2. MkIIC+

MkIIC+ Supporting Member

Practically speaking, all current models of Mesa amplifier work rather well for lower volume home use in the 75-85 decibel range. Their 50 to 100 watt class amps in the Mark, Triple Crown, Rectifier and Lone Star series ALL have Output Level Control and many of these models have additional features like Multi-Watt or Multi-Soak. The Output Level Control is extremely versatile and allows the player to go from very high decibels (110+) down as about low a volume as you could possibly want to go. When the volume gets somewhere below 75 decibels, I find that the acoustic sound of the pick hitting the strings to be increasingly audible so I just won't bother playing that quietly. The 50 and 100 watt Fillmore series has Dyna-Watt which allows you to go down to half or quarter power. The California Tweed is only 40 watts but it also has Multi-Watt which goes down to two watts. From a volume perspective, all current Mesa amps can be used both at home and for nearly any small venue imaginable.

DC42 likes this.