Mesa Triaxis

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bilbal, Feb 21, 2008.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

Hey you Triaxis users, what are you using for a pedal with it? I would love to grab an Abacus but they're foolishly expensive. Wont a simply midi channel changer work fine?

I have my Triaxis and 2:90 on the way and want to get a good pedal to use with them.
    Bill

2. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Rocktron's All Access has served me perfectly for the Triaxis (and other rack processors; had the 2:90, and now use 20/20), over the past 12 or 13 years. I've got one continuous controller setup for Triaxis changes, the other for specific effects parameters (or volume), and All Access switches assigned to various parameters, depending on the preset.

It was an investment for me, at the time, and it has lasted and paid off superbly.

- Thom

3. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

I used a Ground Control for about 5 years and it worked fantastically. Hook a volume pedal up to its expression pedal input and you have real time control of all Triaxis parameters. And THAT is friggen cool IMHO.

4. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

You got it Bill?!!!

5. bilbal

bilbal Member

One thing I KNOW I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO is have control over the amount of gain in a specific patch. You know, I want to be able to have the cleanest of clean with the pedal rocked back and the dirtiest of dirt with the pedal all the way to the floor, and all the different degrees to go along with the sweep of the pedal. Is that possible and how do I do it? Can I contact one of you guys once I have the rig set up?

Bill

6. bilbal

bilbal Member

Is this what you are talking about? Holy cow!! If it works as nicely as it looks, I'm already stoked!!!!!

b

7. cranqued

cranqued Gold Supporting Member

I used the Behringer FCB1010 when I had my Triaxis. Two footpedals for CC assignments. It worked flawlessly, it's inexpensive, and the build quality is quite good.

8. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

It's all going to be dependant on the preamp mode you use. green 1, yellow 2, red 1, etc... You can only mod the parameters of a single channel using an expression pedal. You won't get "cleanest of clean" and then "dirtiest of dirt". You'll get "cleanest of yellow 2", then "dirtiest of yellow 2" if you get my drift. Check the Boogie Board for more ideas.

9. Timbre Wolf

???? Something missing?

This is the All Access...
    [​IMG]

By the way, you can (and even should) certainly set up a preset to sweep between clean and dirty in the way you describe. As Serious Poo says, you've got to stay within a single mode (I like Lead 1 green for cleans, and the dirt is cool too), and then set upper and lower parameters to taste. The continuous controller pedal allows you to sweep between upper and lower settings, and anywhere in between. Yes, it is that cool!

- Thom

10. bilbal

bilbal Member

oops forgot to put the picture in:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktro...Access-LTD-Foot-Controller-480975-i1174718.gc

11. Timbre Wolf