1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Mesa Vertical 2x12 Rectifier V30 cab for rock/blues

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by imjustadrummer, Jan 3, 2008.

1. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

What is you experience with the Mesa Vert 212 Rectifier w/V30s for rock & blues?

Seems like a no brainer, but thought I'd ask for opinions especially with Mesa Mark series amps.

2. BlackBart

BlackBart Member

I've tried both the vertical and horizontal recto 2x12s with a Tremoverb. The horizontal sounded better, tighter bottom. The vertical was too midrangy.

3. cameron

cameron Member

I generally don't much like Mesa amps.

Their cabinets, however, are fine by me. Solidly built, good sounding boxes.

One of the best guitar sounds I ever got was a Blackface Bandmaster into a Mesa 4x12". I'd never heard a humble Bandmaster sound so bone-crushing. (And that was just using half of the 4x12, to match the amp's optimal load.)

4. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

I recently got a horizontal 212 which does rock fine. I think low 212's scare club owners less than quads too.

5. PFCG

PFCG Member

id just get a 4x12, they are pretty close to the same size, and sound better imo. you have more options with speaker configurations.

6. konstantine

konstantine Member

i have the veritcal one.. for live playing and rehearsals is a great cabinet.. its slanted too and you can listen to yourself better than with the horizonal one and i think that it has very good bass response too.. people think its middier because the "actually" hear their amps with such kind of cab.. with a horizonal cab if you arent away from it or have it with an angle the sound "hits" your legs than your ears so:

1st.you cant hear yourself
    2nd.you are way brighter than you think you are

the tip for this cab is to stay a little at its sides or move to the center if you want to hear more of you..

although its a bit heavy and large, a 4X12 is much heavier and bigger..

for home playing/recording it might not be the ideal cab and the horizonal might suit better, or even a 1X12.. but for live/rehearsal its a great cab and btw looks great with a mark series amp.. i use it with my Mark IV

hope that helped..

konstantine

7. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

I'm not really a fan of Mesa cabs, but I will admit that one of the best sounds I ever heard was a Matchless Clubman through a Mesa 4x12 Rec cab. Absolutely amazing and very 3 dimensional. Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk. II and Diezel Herbert also kill through those cabs.

Just some food for thought

8. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

K... just what I was looking for... I always played my 2x12 3/4 back on end to hear it better(or, more accurately) and it sounds like the vertical 2x12 will do the same. thanks

9. konstantine

konstantine Member

yeah, me too...

when (if) you get it, let us know how it works for you..

konstantine