Meshuggah: New Album.

Jynx

Silver Supporting Member
I was listening to this album earlier on while going for a walk. At first I was locked into the guitars and I was walking very fast, but after a while I got tired so I locked into the drums instead.

twoheadedboy

I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I heard the singles that were released before the album, and I dug them.

Bankston

Listening to it now. I've had the first 3 singles in my New Swedish Metal playlist for weeks along with new Amon Amarth, Evergrey, the Halo Effect and Opeth.

StormSon

They've a new single

Thanks. I was about to get excited until I saw its just from an expanded edition of In Cauda Venenum. I thought that album was great on its own and didn't need expansion. I'd prefer the new tracks as an ep.

zygoat

Silver Supporting Member
I'm giving it my first listen right now, 11 tracks in. The bass is monstrous on this album; in fact, I read that Dick Lovgren had much more input on the writing this time around. Meshuggah is probably my favorite metal band and Immutable is way more solid than their previous 2 releases for me. Can't wait to see them in October.

Jason Calieri

Silver Supporting Member
Killer album. Been a fan since Chaosphere. I’m liking this more than the last few, for sure. But Catch 33 still reigns supreme for me!

Doom Man

It's better than the vast majority of new metal out there, but for a Meshuggah album it's good if not particularly remarkable and innovative. They set the standard so high with DEI, Chaosphere, Nothing and Catch 33 and I don't think they can ever get to that level again.

I'm giving it my first listen right now, 11 tracks in. The bass is monstrous on this album; in fact, I read that Dick Lovgren had much more input on the writing this time around. Meshuggah is probably my favorite metal band and Immutable is way more solid than their previous 2 releases for me. Can't wait to see them in October.

I don't think I've heard a live bass tone in heavy music that was as good as Dick Lovgren's. It's incredibly hard to get a live distorted bass tone that isn't either too muddy, or too thinned out in an attempt to sound clear but yet Dick's bass tone was simultaneously huge and clear.
Amazing how they they're tuned nearly an octave below E standard, but yet their live sound is actually better than pretty much most 6 string bands that only tune down a little from E. Whoever their sound person is has golden ears.

StormSon

It's better than the vast majority of new metal out there, but for a Meshuggah album it's good if not particularly remarkable and innovative. They set the standard so high with DEI, Chaosphere, Nothing and Catch 33 and I don't think they can ever get to that level again.

I don't think I've heard a live bass tone in heavy music that was as good as Dick Lovgren's. It's incredibly hard to get a live distorted bass tone that isn't either too muddy, or too thinned out in an attempt to sound clear but yet Dick's bass tone was simultaneously huge and clear.
Amazing how they they're tuned nearly an octave below E standard, but yet their live sound is actually better than pretty much most 6 string bands that only tune down a little from E. Whoever their sound person is has golden ears.
Technically, they're only tuned down half a step: its their 8 string guitars that give them the low end.

Jynx

Silver Supporting Member
So I've been digging a band I discovered called Zeal and Ardor all week and I check today and guess who's supporting Meshuggah as part of their European tour?

:banana

PhxdB

I'm loving it and I feel it definitely has some Nothing vibes.

I don't think anything can ever top Chaosphere, in my opinion. But this one brings back some the good ol' Meshuggah sound.

The opening riff on this one is so grooving.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom