Met Rudy Sarzo this weekend

squeally dan

Silver Supporting Member
I was stuck in the Atlanta airport Saturday on my way back south from Rhode Island. I saw a skinny dude carrying a bass in a Spector case. I finally realized it was Rudy Sarzo. I’m 50 years old and Metal Health was a go to in middle school.

Turns out he was playing with Quiet Riot and was on his way to a show in A relatively small town in Alabama. He was really cool to talk to and seemed somewhat surprised someone knew who he was. I believe he is the only original member left of Quit Riot. Pretty impressive he is still at it in his 70s. Looked to be in good health.

B123BB64-9D37-4E84-8F59-8843A3D73878.jpeg

squeally dan

Silver Supporting Member
That's pretty cool. He's played with so many 80s era rock bands.... he's got to have a great personality to get all those gigs.

I saw Bobby Dall in the supermarket yesterday.
Yes, its Awesome that he is still at it. On the other hand, after all he has done, it Kinda bummed me that he was playing in Sand Mtn Alabama with what is basically a Quiet Riot cover band.

He was worried about missing the show after our plane broke down on the runway. we were a couple hours late but he did make it to the show. I saw video. Quiet Riot was the opener before Winger and Skid Row. Looked like a good turnout.

seems like these old 80s bands find young replacement singers that are much more able than the aging singer they replace. I’m not into this music anymore at all but find I have a strange fascination with aging 80s rockers. I find it interesting to see how they adapt or don’t.

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
I read his book and also follow him on Instagram. He sure does seem like a really nice guy who is thankful for everything he's been able to do. He genuinely puts off the enthusiasm of someone much younger. I hope I still look that good and am as active as he is when I'm that age. I wish him nothing but the best.

On a side note when he was in QR with Carlos Cavazo, his brother, Robert, was on guitar in Hurricane with Carlos' brother Tony on bass.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
Rudy is the guy that was always there, always solid, and always fit perfectly in whatever project he was in. I've heard a few interviews with him and he's always a good listen. Class act.
That's also my impression of the man.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
I had the privilege of hanging around him and several other big name musicians back in 2010 at a Weekend Warrior Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp. Everything you guys are saying is spot on. He was very cordial, and really took his Camper Counsellor role seriously.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom