Metallica live on Jimmy Kimmel show 15/12/16

fishruss

Nice! Cool new ESP that Kirk has.
Stupid cameramen. Would have preferred 8 minutes of panning over Kirks new guitar. Pickups? Graphics? Inlays? Who knows? Watched this today and have been keeping an eye on the ESP sig forum. I'm kind of a KH-2 and all the variants fanboy but those good people take it to another level!

JCM 800

Stupid cameramen. Would have preferred 8 minutes of panning over Kirks new guitar. Pickups? Graphics? Inlays? Who knows? Watched this today and have been keeping an eye on the ESP sig forum. I'm kind of a KH-2 and all the variants fanboy but those good people take it to another level!

I dig the KH-2 myself. Most likely just another custom paint job for Kirk only. He always has the coolest graphics on his guitars. I'm a sucker for that even though it's not something I would usually play.

I saw it live this morning. While I don't really care for "Atlas Rise", I did like hearing "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
I thought I heard the "Creeping Death" riff in "Atlas Rise", but listening to it again it's just all over the place.

The date was 15-Dec-16, this morning.
Although, Jimmy's show started on 14-Dec-16.

Graphics are for teenagers. Men like wood grain.

This was probably the last time I'll see Metallica perform live.

I don't recall Rob doing that crab-walk back when I saw him with Suicidal.
It gets kind of old after awhile.

Last edited:

fishruss

I saw it live this morning. While I don't really care for "Atlas Rise", I did like hearing "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
I thought I heard the "Creeping Death" riff in "Atlas Rise", but listening to it again it's just all over the place.

The date was 15-Dec-16, this morning.
Although, Jimmy's show started on 14-Dec-16.

Graphics are for teenagers. Men like wood grain.

This was probably the last time I'll see Metallica perform live.

I don't recall Rob doing that crab-walk back when I saw him with Suicidal.
It gets kind of old after awhile.
Woah, woah, woah! My 3 year old and 8 year old think my KH White Zombie is the coolest guitar ever!
I'm a sucker for those guitars.

cadduc

Listen, post dates the way they should be posted, the 'Merican way. Metallica agrees, they don't want you talking about them if you don't do it right.

chrisr777

Miss it? I was there.

They did six songs. Atlas Rise was the only new song. After they went off the air they did Creeping Death, One, Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman. They were filming the whole time, which is unusual for the Kimmel show, so they might be available soon.

JCM 800

Miss it? I was there.

They did six songs. Atlas Rise was the only new song. After they went off the air they did Creeping Death, One, Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman. They were filming the whole time, which is unusual for the Kimmel show, so they might be available soon.

How cool! Lucky F'er!! :)

chrisr777

How cool! Lucky F'er!! :)

Not luck as much as location. In the last year on the Kimmel back lot I've seen David Gilmour, Green Day, Dead and Company, Flogging Molly, the Avett Brothers, Wolfmother and Alice Cooper in a special Halloween show. All for free.

I also had tickets for Prophets of Rage, but I had to make a deal with my wife. If I went with my son to spend the weekend at Ozzfest meets Knotfest I had to go to a taping of Big Brother with her. Just happened to be on the same day as Rage, so my son went with a friend.

Even last night as I watched, I thought, that dude Chris on TGP is probably there!
I recall you posting photos from the Alice Cooper Halloween show & how close you got to Nita.

add:

not the greatest quality, but here's another video I found

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom