Metallica on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Movie...

suhrbrutal

Was surprised how bad this was. Ulrich, off, WAAAYYY off, Hammet's tone was so bad I had to mute it at times. Hetfield's voice is nothing like it was. The only 1 I have any respect for is Robert. He at least seems to love what he is doing. Am I the only one who thought this?

roadfilm

I completely agree. I too was very surprised at how bad they were (I've seen them several times so I know how great they usually are). By the look of Lou Reeds facial expressions, I think he agrees.

suhrbrutal

I completely agree. I too was very surprised at how bad they were (I've seen them several times so I know how great they usually are). By the look of Lou Reeds facial expressions, I think he agrees.
Ha , yea. Kirk's solos during Lou's song was a trainwreck.

jjboogie

Ha , yea. Kirk's solos during Lou's song was a trainwreck.
That's because he was improvising and not playing written parts.

I agree with you that they weren't good however I still think his tone was best with the Les Paul. Just my opinion. :)

suhrbrutal

That's because he was improvising and not playing written parts.

I agree with you that they weren't good however I still think his tone was best with the Les Paul. Just my opinion. :)
I will agree with that, something was REALLY wrong on the first song with his guitar tone. Sound guy, or wrong setting. The Paul's sounded much better.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Not the highlight of the show, by any means (highlights for me include Crosby & Nash's wonderful background vocal work, seeing Charlie Drayton w/ Paul Simon,...).