Metasonics G-1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stark, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

Interesting yes, but I can't imagine bringing that to a gig with that nameplate. It's just too silly. This amp looks like it should be sold to kids for 250 bucks at GC, not professional musicians for 5000.

One strange thing is I haven't heard anybody yet say that Metasonix has made a product that actually sounds good.

2. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. I think in an artsy way they're really cool, but it'd have to be one heck of an amp to be priced that much. At that price you're looking at Mad Professor/Komet quality stuff and no offense to Metasonix, but they've got to give folks a lot more than multicolored knobs and crude language to win over players with that much money in their pockets.

3. foomoola

foomoola Member

Hey , I could actually give 2 S*%ts what the thing looks like , but please tell us HOW DOES IT SOUND !!!!! Adam ...please tell....Owner of FIRE #8...D.P.:dude

4. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

The video clip I saw from the NAMM show made it sound terrible. (But every sound clip using a guitar through their effects on the Metasonix site sounds bad to me..)

I'd like to try this amp though.

Jeff

5. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

hehe just noticed this from the manufacturer's webpage

6. Crazyquilt

Crazyquilt Guitar Dad Silver Supporting Member

Clearly, it's for twenty-something tone questers who believe they can make interesting & challenging music just by spending a lot of $$$ on equipment festooned with cartoons by someone who thinks that they can draw like R Crumb.