methenysong

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by PatB, Mar 18, 2006.

1. PatB

PatB Member

hi all,in a couple of weeks im auditioning for a masters degree at a school.Im thinking bout playing this methenysong, not 100% sure though...so i made a one take recording of this on my godinguitar, and of course all the levels where TOTALLY f****d...LOL...but ull hear the song , i really like the song though purdy little thing, anyway tell me what u think...n ignore that sweeeeeeeeeet digital distorision/peaking-thing goin on..LOL

http://goto.glocalnet.net/patsplace/godinsssss.mp3

regards
    Pat

2. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

hola Pat !! beatifull performance, you are in the list of my top favorites online guitar players. I think your new Godin have a sweet tone, altough as you said about levels there is some peak clip distortion...but finally this is about music man... and you got it ! good job , donĀ“t doubt on playing it in your auditioning, it will amaze them for sure! :dude

cheers..

Carlos

3. ivers

ivers Member

Beautiful playing, Pat! The Godin sounds sweet, as well. What kind of model is it?

4. gennation

gennation Member

Beautiful seems to be the word Pat. Very nice, and good luck in your pursuits. Playing that will definitely up the pot.

5. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

really nice! I recieved a masters in music from USC, I don't think you'll have any problem...your playing is top notch.

6. jamminoutloud1

jamminoutloud1 Supporting Member

very niiiiice...I'm going to FIU for a Bachelors degree in Jazz Performance in Miami. I'm sure you will get in without any problems. Nice vibe.

7. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Despite all the clipping,that was beautiful,man.Very serene!

Vlad

8. scottl

scottl Member

About time you posted more stuff!! So now you will be Dr Ugly!! Just gorgeous playing Pat. You really captured the time feel. Subtle but you have IT!

9. mik777

mik777 Member

Wow!! That made me feel...Completely jealous

10. PatB

PatB Member

ey..tnx for all the comments...ivers...its a multiacc nylon SA..i love it...i see ur in norway?..where..oslo?...i studied at "jazzlinja" in trondheim...we probably have sum mutual friends!...scott....dr ugly?--hmm....i might be onto sumtin here...

11. ivers

ivers Member

Man, I gotta get me one of those Multiacs! Seem like great guitars, and the synth access is a very cool feature.

I don't know many musicians, I'm afraid, but I know a guitar player, Anders, who studied at 'jazzlinja' a couple of years ago. These days, he plays in a funk band here in Oslo.

12. Marcello

Marcello Member

killer stuff pat !

13. Cap'n Fingers

Cap'n Fingers Member

T-Town. Home of street construction hell!
    Gorgeous! I can always tell a great player from a good player by how their playing affects me emotionally. You deffinitely affected me. :AOK