MF $1999 Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Reissue Plain Top VOS (Sunrise Teaburst)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by XKnight, Jul 4, 2008.

1. XKnight

XKnight Member

These are being offered at $1999 at MF, GC and Music123 if you order online. I have no idea why the price is so low for the Teaburst, but it looks like a great deal for an R8. The regular price on R8s in other finishes is still listed at over $3000.

The only issue is that this guitar is not currently in stock when I checked, but I was able to order it online for the listed price. I was hesitant to order without playing it first, but I'll have 45 days to return it for a full refund if I'm not satisfied.

It will be interesting to see how long this price lasts and how long it will take to get the guitar delivered. It wouldn't surprise me if I get a call telling me that this price was in error and that they won't honor it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  2. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Let me know if you return it. I'd like to pick it up for $1,600.00:D

Do they advertise stuff like that and then say it was an error and not honor the price? That's BS. :BITCH

3. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

wow...great deal if it shows up and is in good shape.

4. XKnight

XKnight Member

I just read the fine print on the return policy and it's only 10 days on guitars priced at $1999 and over.

Still long enough to decided if the guitar and I are bonding as long as it doesn't take over 10 days to ship.

Here's how the Sunrise Teaburst looks on the MF website.

[​IMG]

5. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

Out of stock...now and in 45 days also....

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

If I had the cash, I'd pick one up. I much prefer plain tops to flame or quilt.

7. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

Seems we go through this with MF at least twice a year.
    I am hearing they don't have them / never did / and will not be getting any.

8. Nuclearfishin

Nuclearfishin Supporting Member

9. eric-d

eric-d Member

I like plain tops too - but I prefer a touch of flame. Don't get wrong - there are some REALLY nice "heavy" flamed tops out there - but I tend to like the subtle flames..... :AOK

10. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

11. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

THAT sounds about right...:BITCH

12. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

If you ordered , they will contact you to tell you the item you bought is no longer avalible and will offer you one of the others 2 finishes but generally only at 15% off.

13. XKnight

XKnight Member

So far the order has been acknowledged and confirmed by MF and the money has been accepted. If they do call and offer one of the other finishes for only 15% of $3099 I'll get a full refund since I can get the same guitar for less elsewhere. The saga continues.

14. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

I am sure they haven't accepted any money yet, actually they can't by law they could put a hold on a charge card but that would be it.

I am going to order one and see what happens , I am betting I will get accepted and recieve the confirmation email etc and it will show it is being picked under the status window.

15. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

I ordered one yesterday morning around 10 AM. I got an Order Acknowledgment in my e-mail about 2 hours later.

I hope they are not grabbing the money from my Discover card first and then letting me know later that my order is canceled. I don't feel like giving MF a free loan. I'm also a little leery about calling them for a status on my order. I don't want them to use that opportunity to tell me to forget it. I figure the longer this goes the better chance I have of getting one.

16. XKnight

XKnight Member

I payed via Paypal and the transaction shows it's completed and the money is no longer in my account.

17. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

Guys have you ever used your credit card in a rest restaurant ?
    Your bill is $65.00 you give the waiter your card they swipe it at $100.

That puts a hold on $100 till the charge comes in from the restaurant
    but why $100 , well they have no idea how much you will tip but they make sure the funds will be there.

I am sure MF ran your numbers and it automaticaly puts $1999 on hold this hold could be as long as 10 days. It doesn't mean MF actually has your money and they can't get it until it ships.

18. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

Here is an example of TWO orders I placed last year with MF

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Qty[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Each[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Total[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Status[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Last Updated[/FONT] 1 Light Caramel Burst Gibson Custom ES-339 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar with '59 Rounded Profile Neck - Scratch 'n' Dent Light Caramel Burst [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]$1376.23[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]$1376.23[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]09/21/07 01:55AM[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Ship Method:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Standard Shipping (2-5 business days)[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Product Sub-Total:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]$2,370.74[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Qty[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Each[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Total[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Status[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Last Updated[/FONT] 1 Faded Tobacco Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar - Scratch 'n' Dent Faded Tobacco [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]$2370.74[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]$2370.74[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]09/20/07 10:26PM[/FONT]

It was well over 10days before I was told I wasn't getting either of them

19. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

I sure hope we all can get them but I am really trying to catch a falling knife

20. TheMiz

TheMiz Supporting Member

To follow up my own post, I did place that order at 12:28PM
    MF called me at 4:03pm I fully thought they called to tell me
    the item is no longer ...... i was wrong they called to verify my phone number as it was different from what the bank has on file.

They told me the item is NOT CHARGED until it is filled.
    They would email me when they do fill it.