Mi audio Blues Pro Fuzz Switch Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by themusicboxstudios, Jul 18, 2006.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

Hey guys,

I just got my Blues Pro pedal in today. I got the new version with the fuzz switch. The pedal sounds killer, but it didn't come with a manual so i have a few questions.

1. Which side of the switch is the stock blues pro tone? i'm guessing it's the left.

2. Are there any internal trimpots? if so what do they do?

thanks, jon

2. drolling

drolling Member

Welcome back to guitarland, Jon.. Just got an old P-bass myself, but guitar's still a lot more fun to play.

Can't help you w/the question, but as a big fan of the old BluesPro, I'd be very interested to hear a clip of the fuzz side, if you feel like doing one:D

3. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

I just bought one this weekend, no trim pots inside, it's a "plug and play" pedal. The switch is in fuzz mode when it's flipped to the right, closest to the adaptor plug. I love the pedal, goes great with my Crunch Box and my Barber DDSS.

Cheers,

CJ

4. themusicboxstudios

it's good to be back my friend. once i find an amp that i'm stoked with again i'll make sure to start recording clips again.

thanks, jon

5. themusicboxstudios

thanks for the info! how would you compare it to the crunch box? i'm thinking about picking that up or the blue boy deluxe :).

thanks, jon

6. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

It goes GREAT with the CB, the BP is kind of like a lower gain version of the CB to my ears. They both have the MI Audio sound, which is a VERY good thing. I think you would be very happy with a BP/CB combination, they compliment each other very well. :AOK

Cheers,

CJ

7. drolling

drolling Member

Not diggin that old bassman head!?:eek:!?!

Here on my homeworld, the natives KILL each other for those amps! Maybe it's the tubes? or the cab??

Pretty tough to beat a bassman's clean tones (specially w/a tele:BEER), and it's also one of the most pedal-friendly circuits on the planet...

8. themusicboxstudios

I like the amp ... just a bit bright ... i wish i could hear the amp with the AA864 circuit ... i think it may be more along the lines of what i'm looking for. It does take pedals better than any other amp i've ever played though ... i just really miss my Divided by 13 FTR37. :(

9. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

please post back to this thread with links to clips of the fuzzmode. I am very interested in ordering one of these babies next month possibly.

10. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I don't hear a whole lot of difference between the fuzz and the regular settings, until the gain is almost maxed. With the gain up, the fuzz side sounds, well, fuzzier. It even sags like an old tube-rectified amp, which is pretty neat.

11. erksin

erksin Member

Anybody own a new version Blues Pro and a Hellbilly or Screw Driver? How similar are they? Seems like everybody is trying to cover the low gain OD thru Fuzz in a box these days...

12. drolling

drolling Member

And the truly strange thing is that it works very well - The germ side of my Retroman Sybil does a great treble boost w/the gain dialed back & the silicon side cleans up real nice w/the guitar's volume pot rolled off.. I've got a pile of some of the best lo-gain stomps around, but sometimes when you want a dynamic, *amp-like* sprinkle of grit on your sound, the best thing you can do is pull out the sickest fuzz in the toolbox..

13. walpow

walpow Guest

I was just about to post about the Blues Pro (with fuzz) when I spotted this thread. With the first one I got, I could detect no difference between the two settings. I sent it back and got a replacement. (If there's anyone here named Chris who bought from ToneFactor, I got the one you sent back.) This one has just enough difference to, well, to say there is a difference. On most combinations of settings, the tones are virtually identical, and I too wasn't sure which switch setting was the fuzz side. (Hey, MI, how about a manual?) On a few settings, mostly with very high gain, I can hear a difference, but it's certainly not a big one. I like the pedal, and plan on spending more time figuring out its strengths, but as far as I can tell the fuzz mode is hardly worth bending down to flip the switch.

Nathan
    http://walpow.com

14. michael_ibrahim

michael_ibrahim Member

Hi guys,

Yep, you need to get the gain working to really hear the difference between the fuzz and standard mode. With the gain higher, try playing with the tone control. It affects the attack time.

15. tmuka

tmuka Member

any sound clips of this fuzz mod yet? i'd love to hear some :)

16. tmuka

tmuka Member

Wow, I emailed Michael from MI Audio earlier today asking about sound clips for the fuzz mod, and he just added fuzz mod clips to his Blues Pro page! http://www.miaudio.com/BP3.htm What great customer support! I think it sounds pretty cool. Definately a nice added bonus to what already sounds like a great overdrive!

edit: haha- i didnt realize until weeks later that the michael that posted before me is THE Michael! TGP rocks!

17. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

Wierd- I just got my Blues Pro in the mail a half-hour ago, and I could SWEAR that the left toggle position (which it came on) is the fuzz side! When I crank the gain, I get a spitting, organic fuzz quality; when it's on the right, it just sounds like heavy OD.

I love the pedal, by the way, and it stacks nicely in front of my Blackstone so far.

18. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

Switch left for the fuzz mode,
    I find I like this mode even better than what the pedal was made for!
    Sounds great, the only problem is...
    I cant part with my Crunch Box to stick the Pro on my board:crazy
    Its a mad mad world..

19. diegs

diegs Member

Resurrecting this thread--is there an official word on this? I swear that on my pedal, fuzz is on the right. I know you should just pick "what sounds better" but it'd be nice to know for pedagogical reasons...

20. walpow

walpow Guest

I sold mine (the Blue Boy Deluxe covers its ground for me), but the fuzz position was definitely to the right.