MI Audio Crunchbox???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Budda Brandon, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Budda Brandon

Budda Brandon Member

I just ordered one, waiting for it to arrive....anyone have one, and how do you like it? I plan on using it in my rig with a standard TS-9 to get more gain (more "brown") etc. Any info would be appreciated!

2. IvIark

IvIark Member

I love it, very nice pedal indeed at a very reasonable cost. One thing I will say is when I got it I was in two minds, it just seemed to have a synthetic quality to it that I didn't really get on with. Then I remembered the internal presence trimmer, opened it up and turned the presence right down. That removed everything I didn't like about the pedal and I honestly can't see me ever getting rid of it.

I bought an OCD recently and I had been told by lots of people that the Crunchbox would be on its way out afterwards. They were wrong. I like the OCD very much too but they are very different pedals IMO with the OCD not matching the gain of the CB, and as a result the CB has more compression. But I like that, it's more akin to high gain from an amp which suits the music I play very well.

3. imyrhuckleberry

imyrhuckleberry Member

Brandon...you put that crunch box next to a TS-9 and you will have Marshall tone for days. I didn't leave my studio for 3 hours when I first got my CB. I ran it through my 59 Bassman (the original plexi) and it sounded more like a Marshall than a Marshall. There isn't a tone from Classic rock to Shred you can't get. I NEVER thought I'd dig a "distortion" box, and it is awesome.:dude

4. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I've had one for a while and really like it. It's not what I would call a "versatile" pedal (like the OCD, for example), but I only got it for one thing anyway-- and it does that beautifully.

5. hecticone

hecticone Member

Best Marshall in a box out there.

6. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

+100 on the internal trimmer. I was about ready to get rid of mine when I finally opened it up and tweaked it to taste, and now I don't see myself ever getting rid of it even though it certainly sees the least use of my four dirt pedals. I just don't go full out crunch that often, but when I want to, I want to have the CB on the board. Verrry niiiice!:AOK

7. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

i love the crunchbox! i didnt expect to like it as much as i did, but its a killer pedal!

8. el34power

el34power Member

It's one of those pedals you will/should never sell. I like the tube zone better right now but my V1 Crunch box is never getting sold

9. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

10. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

Mi Audio really hit a grand slam with the crunchbox. To my ears after owning 35-40 drive pedals over the last year, for $120- you can't go wrong, it hangs heavy pedals 2 & 3 times its price, and retains the same quality of build and tone..

11. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    Sorry Budda - had to laugh. "Does anyone have one" :banana

Quick use of the seach button and you'll find several hundred "Crunchbox" threads posted on this forum in the last 12 months alone

12. Daniel-San

Daniel-San Member

I got mine two or three weeks ago and I really love it. I use it more for bluesy stuff with the gain on 1/3 or something, but it does the heavy crunch very very well. I'm actually ashamed I never bought it before.
    Marshall in a box....great pedal!