MI Audio Pedal Observation

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dana, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Dana

Dana Guest

Awhile ago I purchased a Blues Boy Deluxe and Crunchbox from MI Audio. I noticed when they both arrived they appeared to be scuffed a little bit. Nothing major, just some light scuffs. The Blues Boy Deluxe even had a small scratch on it.

Anyone purchase a pedal recently from MI Audio? Did you notice anything similar?

2. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I purchased a Crunch Box a few months ago direct from Michael. I didn't notice anything but I didn't inspect it too closely.

3. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I just got a blue boy deluxe and the screws on the bottom did not line up and the wiring was less than neat...

4. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

My Crunch Box looks great and has worked flawlessly since day 1.

5. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

have a crunchbox on the way...no disrespect to mi audio, just an obeservation....;-)

6. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

I've purchased 4 pedals from MI Audio. All were in new condition.
    The only minor minor quibble is that the screws holding in the bottom plate are very tight and need to be worked in and out of the case a few times.

7. idphys

idphys Member

Just received a Crunchbox the other day and the screws on the bottom plate weren't lined up and/or entirely screwed in. Besides that, the pedal sounds amazing!!!

8. mr.mattphisto

mr.mattphisto Member

I got a CB and a BBP within the last few months. CB from MI audio direct and a BBP from Tonefactor. Both pedal where in perfect condition, but the screws at the bottom where not lined up properly. Nothing that impacted the pedal IMHO. The wiring inside was rather neat on both pedals as well.

My pedals are great looking...two paint bubbles on the CB....other than that.....

9. DanR

DanR Member

I bought a Blues Pro from Musictoyz at the beginning of the year. The condition of the pedal was perfect. The transaction went smoothly and quickly, as well.

10. HitTheCity

HitTheCity Member

I have a neo fuzz and a bbd from MI-Audio. I too have had issues with the tightness and misaligned threading on the bottom screws, but its no biggy, and both pedals have become a mainstay of my board.

11. carltonh

carltonh Member

The only thing unusual I see about MI Audio pedals is how he can get such an incredible range of gain that other pedals can't. The Tubezone gets ultra clean boost to 3x the gain of a Metal Zone. My BBD is similar, but not as extreme on the gain end.

Why can't everyone else get their pedals' gain knobs to cover an extreme range of options? I can't wait for the Classic Distortion. It might challenge my Barber DD w' mod board.

12. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

Strange... I too noticed the screw thang when I explored the inside of my new Crunch Box. I don't care though, after about 20 minutes I defiled the case myself by adding velcro. I love this pedal!

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Just so you guys know, I am sure M.I. doesnt drill the bottom screws for his enclosures... BTW I have never had a problem with the 3 MI pedals I have owned. All well built!!

14. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

I have seen quite a few pedals come through our store and own a Blue Boy Deluxe and Crunch Box.
    Every one of them has been top notch, inside and out.
    [not like I've looked inside all of them though]
    It seems MI have a great passion for what they do because the quality is outstanding.
    I think these minor issues such as screw allighnment and finishing are just a fact of life from the casing company.
    I have a few other boutique pedals that have exactly the same problem, If you could call it a problem...
    To me this is not even an issue.

15. Kezend

Kezend Member

my tube zone (new one) came without a single flaw, and was polished as well! very impressed. just about to order a gi fuzz.

16. BoyMambo

BoyMambo Member

I got a Crunchbox today and may I say that apart from performing flawlessly, it was flawless!

Great pedal Micheal, bring them on!

17. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I've had MI pedals with wood screws! Not sure if that was factory or a previous owner thing. No worries, minor thing...great pedals, competitive prices.
    Greg

18. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Mine seem to be made with the bones of small animals...:eek:

19. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

My Crunch Box makes this awful distorted noise when I engage it... :D

Cheers,

Johan.

20. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

+1 on the non-issue...what we want to know is...how does it SOUND!??! ;)

Thanks,

Brandon