Mi effects super crunch box vs mosky crunch red

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member

I believe the mosky was based on an earlier version of the crunch box but with the compression switch in the open mode (which it is until the end) it gets the same sound... Almost, the mosky lacks bottom end and clarity, the presence sounds great but there is no string seperation and it gets mushy pretty quickly and it sounds boxy compared to the mi, the mi effects retains the bottom end and has alot of clarity, i also really love the compression option, when you turn either mode on it gets quieter so you have to compensate with the volume knob, another feature I love about this is volume and gain are independent, on alot of maib pedals to get the most gain and sometimes best sound out of the pedal you need to crank the gain and volume, which may be similar to a Marshall amp but unless it's an always on pedal there is a volume jump but with this pedal it does not have that problem, you can get full gain at quiet volume level, the mi audio is pretty underated and worth the extra 80 bucks I paid compared to the mosky

I would say the mosky has alot of the sound but none of the feel it's about 85% there but what it's missing is pretty important, I also have the mosky gold klon and rat pedals and wonder what I'm missing

... Also sorry for the noise I used a single coil strat thru an ungrounded vintage fender amp ... Alot of hum

Rydock

Anyone know of any clones of the Super Crunch V2?
No, but the JHS Angry Charlie V3 seems pretty close if you only need that one JCM800 sound with 3 band EQ. The presence control and switches for clipping and gain levels of the SCB give you a myriad different amp styles. I just sold a SCB V1 last week and I’m holding onto my V2 for good. They are both very good pedals. Keep your eye out for the V1 since I’ve been seeing a couple of them floating around.

guitarman3001

No, but the JHS Angry Charlie V3 seems pretty close if you only need that one JCM800 sound with 3 band EQ. The presence control and switches for clipping and gain levels of the SCB give you a myriad different amp styles. I just sold a SCB V1 last week and I’m holding onto my V2 for good. They are both very good pedals. Keep your eye out for the V1 since I’ve been seeing a couple of them floating around.
What has me interested in the V2 is the Mid control which the V1 doesn't have.

Trending Topics