1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

MIA Crunchbox + Barber LTD?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chris_dk, Aug 28, 2008.

1. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

Hi guys!

I am currently using a MI Audio Crunch Box for high gain distortion. I run it into my clean amp, and I like the sounds I get out of it.

Now I am looking for a mild drive to go along with it, and have heard some good things about the Barber LTD.
    Do you think the LTD would be a good match for the CB? I like tubescreamer kind of sounds...

Another thing about the LTD:
    I am afraid it is TOO tweakable for me, seeing that it has 2 internal trim pots. I normally like a pedal that's easy to tweak, but do you guys see this as a problem?

Thanks...

2. highfive!

highfive! Member

the ltd's internal trimmers are for bass and presence, and it's mostly a set-it-and-forget affair. I use an orginal big box rat for high gain, and stacking it with my ltd sr is quite blissful. Never tried a CB, though...

3. stephen_b

stephen_b Member

i think thats a good match. i run a ltd type pedal as my lower gain and a cb for high gain. good match.

4. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

Sounds good so far!

5. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

6. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

One thing I've heard from a number of people that the MI Blues Pro goes perfectly with the CB for what you're looking to do.

7. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

LTD wont do tubescreamer sounds...it is a transparent warm light over drive pedal...
    I have the ltd and the crunch and I love these pedals...maybe a bbe green screamer is the way to go...this pedal will get you from ltd light od to crunch hard rock gain and is very tubescreamer like

8. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

It's not that I'm looking for exact TS sounds. I'd like a more transparent overdrive than the TS, which is only mild gain. But I wouldn't mind some TS flavor and a little bit of mid boost.

Judging by the soundclips, I think both the Blues Pro and BBE Screamer, as suggested, has too much gain for me.

9. el34power

el34power Member

I agree in the fact that the blues pro has too much. The ltd works well with the crunch box. It does have a slight ts flavor but not too much.
    I like to use a Keeley BD-2 with the crunch box as a solo boost too..