MIA Crunchbox + Barber LTD?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chris_dk, Aug 28, 2008.

1. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

Hi guys!

I am currently using a MI Audio Crunch Box for high gain distortion. I run it into my clean amp, and I like the sounds I get out of it.

Now I am looking for a mild drive to go along with it, and have heard some good things about the Barber LTD.
    Do you think the LTD would be a good match for the CB? I like tubescreamer kind of sounds...

Another thing about the LTD:
    I am afraid it is TOO tweakable for me, seeing that it has 2 internal trim pots. I normally like a pedal that's easy to tweak, but do you guys see this as a problem?

Thanks...

2. highfive!

highfive! Member

the ltd's internal trimmers are for bass and presence, and it's mostly a set-it-and-forget affair. I use an orginal big box rat for high gain, and stacking it with my ltd sr is quite blissful. Never tried a CB, though...

3. stephen_b

stephen_b Member

i think thats a good match. i run a ltd type pedal as my lower gain and a cb for high gain. good match.

4. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

Sounds good so far!

5. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

6. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

One thing I've heard from a number of people that the MI Blues Pro goes perfectly with the CB for what you're looking to do.

7. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

LTD wont do tubescreamer sounds...it is a transparent warm light over drive pedal...
    I have the ltd and the crunch and I love these pedals...maybe a bbe green screamer is the way to go...this pedal will get you from ltd light od to crunch hard rock gain and is very tubescreamer like

8. chris_dk

chris_dk Member

It's not that I'm looking for exact TS sounds. I'd like a more transparent overdrive than the TS, which is only mild gain. But I wouldn't mind some TS flavor and a little bit of mid boost.

Judging by the soundclips, I think both the Blues Pro and BBE Screamer, as suggested, has too much gain for me.

9. el34power

el34power Member

I agree in the fact that the blues pro has too much. The ltd works well with the crunch box. It does have a slight ts flavor but not too much.
    I like to use a Keeley BD-2 with the crunch box as a solo boost too..