Mic splitter and mixer in one?

bob-i

My current setup for IEM consists of running the main out from the PA, guitar mic and my vocal mic, into a splitter. One side goes to the PA and the other to a small mixer for my IEM mix. It works well, I'm able to hear the entire band through the main mix and a little more of my guitar and vocals.

However it's a ton of setup and tear down. Instead of 2 mic wires I have 4, an extra line to the FOH plus another mixer. The splitter is mounted in the amp rack.

I'm wondering if there is a unit with both mixer and splitter to reduce this setup. Behringer has a mixer/splitter but the channels are either/or, not both.

Thoughts?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
That's what I'm looking for except more channels of split.
right, no second XLR split for the guitar mic. the "instrument" in is 1/4", so i don't know how you'd get your guitar mic into the equation.

these are popular with bass players, who usually can happily take a line out from their rig to get into the rolls box.

bob-i

Well, a friend just suggested another option, use the channel inserts as outputs from each channel into a rack mount mixer.

Whatcha think?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Well, a friend just suggested another option, use the channel inserts as outputs from each channel into a rack mount mixer.

Whatcha think?
that can work (i think you might have to do the "half-click" thing to turn inserts into outs), but now you're doing even more wiring.

i think i'd rather use a couple XLR Y-cables and a little mixer to get "more me" vox and instrument plus the house mix.

bob-i

that can work (i think you might have to do the "half-click" thing to turn inserts into outs), but now you're doing even more wiring.
No, if I rack mount a small line mixer it can be all wired up.

i think i'd rather use a couple XLR Y-cables and a little mixer to get "more me" vox and instrument plus the house mix.
Did you see what I use currently? That's what I do now, only I use a rack mount splitter, not Y cables. It prevents ground loops.

Trending Topics