Michael Angelo Batio speaks

Balok

Pretty entertaining rig rundown with Michael Angelo Batio. He's pretty much a fully automated interviewee.

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
No musician bashing. Jeez. If you don't like the guy skip the thread.
Multiple posts deleted.

Gretsch6136

Wow! 4 minutes in and Michalengelo is still answering the first question! That dude can talk under water!!

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
For anyone who wants to see something HILARIOUS, play/loop 9:32-9:37 of the video...LOL!!!

I learned from his vids back in the day, when he was just known as "Michael Angelo". He was the first guitarist who inspired my to work on mastering my picking technique. Then I got into Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, EJ, etc.

MAB seems like a very nice guy, and socially awkward. I can relate!

:)

Che_Guitarra

He reminds me of Harry Dunne... Harry Dunne with Jeff Beck's haircut. I'm more like Lloyd Christmas myself... with Dr Phil's haircut. We'd get along like a house on fire if we ever met.

lowyaw

i think he's actually a nice guy. probably wanted to give the best explanation he could, of every detail.

Flogger59

The guy's been slugging it out on the margins for decades and he still has a positive attitude.

BKL71

I met Michael at a clinic given at a local music store several years ago, and he was a heck of a nice guy. Yes, he was very animated and he also gave some pretty thorough answers to questions that were asked of him, but everyone who attended really enjoyed themselves. He also played flawlessly. I would recommend one of his clinics to anyone.

harmonicator

This brings up an interesting point.

Ever noticed how guitarists play exactly like they speak? Listening to MAB gave me this idea, the I started thinking about all my fave players. I think it's true. Your playing mirrors the way you verbally speak.

Jim Hall- thoughtful, measured, insightful, poetic, witty
Yngwie- over confident, flashy, verbose, precise
SRV- grounded, deep conviction, warm

I don't know...probably lots of examples to the contrary. But many players display this.

Defendant

Super nice guy. I saw a clinic in the early 90s and he was like that pretty much.

His voice sounds like John McCain to me...

camstudio

Ever noticed how guitarists play exactly like they speak? Listening to MAB gave me this idea, the I started thinking about all my fave players. I think it's true. Your playing mirrors the way you verbally speak.

I don't know...probably lots of examples to the contrary. But many players display this.
You could be onto something there. I should probably play bass.

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member

I've also noticed a correlation in the creative output of artistic people when they switch mediums.

What I mean is I know several creative people who are musicians and also painters or sculptors, or whatever. When you observe their work across several mediums there is an obvious commonality, and you can recognize them as having all been created by the same person. There something unique that comes from somewhere inside them that evidences itself regardless of the medium they choose.

It kind of cool, actually.

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
If you watch the video and are entertained by his demeanor , I guess you've never really heard him speak before . I've seen him give a couple of clinics , and kept watching that video thinking ..where is the funny parts..or punch line. It's just Michael being Michael . He is a very knowledgable dude . Very spastic personality . I kept think maybe his wig was going to fly off or something.

minorseventh

I met him 20 years ago at a clinic. he was a super nice and genuine guy, and he is passionate about guitars and music. hes a little nerdy. so what. he can play.

Trending Topics