• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Michael Bloomfield...Now that's tone!

m1911

If more people would check out "Live Adventures" and "Lost Concert Tapes" they would have a different perspective about what great tone is.
Nothing beats a Les Paul into a Blackface Fender.

Peter Green's sound can come very close, listen to this for example, I love how the amp can sound like it's about to explode.

dmagalhaes

Silver Supporting Member
If more people would check out "Live Adventures" and "Lost Concert Tapes" they would have a different perspective about what great tone is.
Agreed, I listened to " His Holy Modal Majesty" 20 times in a row once.:bonk

zombywoof

Bloomfield remains the best white boy blues picker to have ever walked the face of the earth. My favorite Bloomfield sound is still the Tele and Guild Thunderbird amp he used on the 1st Butterfield LP.

mudster

High Prairie Wrangler
Gold Supporting Member
I liked Bloomfield's tone with a Les Paul into a tweed fender!

gem

Yes that first Super sessions album ( to me) is still a benchmark for tone.

Agreed, I listened to " His Holy Modal Majesty" 20 times in a row once.

That tune is awesome/inspiring... I love the fact that you can hear him tune up in the middle of it!

trickness

Analog with a side of DSP
All the technical advances with gear over the past 40 years and still nobody has better tone than Bloomfield and Green...different tone maybe, but not better.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Here Bloomfield sounds waaaay better IMO:

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member
Amen! Bloomfield is the epitome of tone!

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I hope not, to my ears that guitar tone is just horrible.

I had the same reaction. I'm sure the basement bluesers will crucify us for it but that is some ratty, spikey, nasty tone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom