Michael Kelly Supreme

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by agentmatt, May 28, 2015.

1. agentmatt

agentmatt Member

I grabbed a new Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme from their website for $499.99 +free shipping. I ordered it on Sunday on a holiday weekend. It shipped Tuesday morning and arrived today. I was able to take it for a test ride tonight for about 1 hr. What an AWESOME guitar!!! Fit and finish feels great. Seymour Duncan PU's sound great & neck feels right. I am pleased and impressed. I will try to post pictures later.

2. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

I have owned 2 Patriot Customs. I mistakenly sold the first one and bought a second one to replace it. The 2nd was as good as the first. Mine had the direct mount Rockfield SWC pickups.

They make very nice guitars. Does yours have the ebony board also? My customs did and they were very smooth playing.

3. agentmatt

agentmatt Member

Yes it has an ebony fingerboard. Great feeling and playing guitar. Heavier than I was expecting. I will enjoy breaking it in this weekend.

4. ef_in_fla

ef_in_fla Member

Very underrated brand. I owned two Patriots and liked them a lot but ended up selling them as I just didn't need so many Les Paul style guitars. I kept my Vex which has the Rockfield pickups and an Ebony board. It's sweet. :cool:

5. John_M

John_M Member

liked my Patriot Custom - didn't love it. It's a 25" scale, not 24.75 like the spec says and you can feel it compared to a real LP. The humbuckers were direct mount and could not be adjusted for height - like they just screwed them in with nothing behind them. Finish was awesome, and the neck joint is WAY better than an LP.

6. Auriemma

Auriemma Member

I had a Patriot Q. Nice guitar, well built, great player. I traded it because I was playing something else far more at that time.