Michael Stevens interview

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Cool. Michael's stuff has always looked "a cut above" to me - regardless of the builder you are talking about.

What a legend.

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
That was fun!! Michael's guitars are pretty magical to me, everyone I've played.

DCH

Silver Supporting Member
Excellent. Fun watching the video. I have a Les Plank going through the works with Michael, as does another TGP'er who might chime in.

As of last week I had an update from Michael with a photo of neck and body glued together, neck fretted, and just about ready for the paint booth, I believe.

Excited? Just a little!

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
Great video! I had a '57 Strat years ago with a Stevens finished neck that he labeled "Ferden" before he was at Fender.

Shane S

Thank you for posting the link to the video @ultra. I still have never played an MS but he is one builder I would custom order a guitar from sight unseen.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
thx for posting this... MS is a stud. anyone got anything in the current MS "logjam" going on down there?

i have an "explorer" in there - and i am absolutely dying for it, lol...
yup. I'm, my plank and another dudes are getting closeish. I have a Neo sometime after that. Very exciting stuff and the pics he sent were ridiculous.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
Excellent. Fun watching the video. I have a Les Plank going through the works with Michael, as does another TGP'er who might chime in.

As of last week I had an update from Michael with a photo of neck and body glued together, neck fretted, and just about ready for the paint booth, I believe.

Excited? Just a little!
I see we meet again. ;) Yay!! (Just a smidge excited here too!)

Reactions: DCH

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
thx for posting this... MS is a stud. anyone got anything in the current MS "logjam" going on down there?

i have an "explorer" in there - and i am absolutely dying for it, lol...
He's actually logjammin really quick as of late. I have seen a few completed and the pile seems to be getting shorter. And his stuff seems to be, if not better than ever, then just as good. Really cool stuff I have seen. An Explorer!? Whoa......that is going to be insane.

DCH

Silver Supporting Member
@fishleehooker and @DCH how about some progress photos fellas?
Sure. Funny enough, here's a photo sent in an update from Michael just this morning.

Mine is in the middle, fishleehooker's (with his permission granted) is the korina example on the right. Not sure whose is on the left.
I'm guessing we might not want to share any further specs and appointments at this point - more fun to see them all completed in a few months' time.

Here's one of mine from a previous update, body and neck coming together.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
I LOVE mine. But the other two are equally awesome so far. That Mahogany looks amazing and the binding is a great look there. And I love his offset dot inlays. Very cool each fretboard is a little different from one another too. What a great batch of planks.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
My neo is in that pile of wood in the bottom pic too. I'm not sure if it's on top or still planks of wood, but that one will be quite liked I suspect.

Shane S

@DCH Thanks for sharing! A great looking group of planks there. I am excited for you guys to get your Stevens.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
awesome pics... did not see an explorer in there - maybe its in its case already?
Your post made me look closer and I see my allegre boards, which are the wood he is using for me on my Neo top. They are the second and third boards in the pile. That is the wood that is from the same tree and batch as Ultra has on his Neo: Watermelon.
I know he has more piles for these current builds. Perhaps yours is in the same pile as my Neo boards, or in one of the other piles Or in its case

ultra

Silver Supporting Member
nah, its gotta be in the case ;)

btw, any of you guys ever play one his korina explorers or Vs?
Oh yeah, an Explorer. Man it was to die for but my dear wife had other plans. Not complaining, although I think of that one often :)

Trending Topics