Michael Stevens Les Plank - NGD - Pic Heavy

McShred

It started several years ago, I had seen one too many pictures of Matte Henderson's Stevens and decided I'd bite the bullet and pony up, not only the money but the wait time.

It started slow, a couple pictures here and there. I just put the guitar out of my mind as I knew it would take more than 2 years. Michael was great about keeping in contact with updates and I tried to stay out of his way and not bother him with questions and update requests. We settled on specs and I just put the whole thing out of my mind

The guitar was starting to take shape

and then the painting started

and then the custom plastics

McShred

And finally, completed pictures letting me know it was on its way. Honestly, the years kind of flew by. I bought and sold a bunch of guitars in the interim.

and then one day about 2 weeks ago it was here and man, what a guitar. I'll add a review to this later, but wanted to get the pics up.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Ohhhhhhh my. Beautiful.
I love orange sparkle.
I'm not gonna mention your "A".

Oops.

McShred

Is there a sonic reason for the angled pickups? The guitar is beautiful!
Little tighter in the bass, rounder on the treble strings. Could you tell in a blindfolded A/B test? I don't know, but it's Michael's thing, and I wanted a guitar that was a complete reflection of the builders approach to the instrument, coupled with my own admittedly weird aesthetic preferences.

Jester

That is a phenomenal looking guitar! I had not heard of this luthier before and he's in Texas no less. Very cool.

ultra

Silver Supporting Member
This whole project is outstanding. You were very brave to go with the concept of sparkle orange (I am too conservative) and it turned out wonderfully.
From the orange sparkle to the plastic to the midnight black back, the whole package is "over the top" great. WOW
Congratulations to you, and fabulous work from Michael Stevens.

Last edited:

Trending Topics