1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan 5/20 & 5/21 with Phil Keaggy, Doyle Dykes, Frank Vignola & Vinny Raniola!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Gril Grissom, May 16, 2011.

1. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

2. Ampegasaur

Ampegasaur Member

That is quite a line up. Phil is one my favorites, and the other guys are monsters. They neeed to come into the Chicago or Milwaukee area!!!!

3. Starsailor

Starsailor Member

Frank Vignola and Vinny Raniolo are incredible! I had the pleasure of listening to those two along with the rest of Frank's then-quintet in Nashville back in 2007 @ the Chet Atkins convention. I'd never really been exposed to gypsy jazz or acoustic guitar based jazz until then and was blown away watching how those guys could improv around those crazy chord patterns. For most of the convention I sat outside and listened to them jam under the portico of the convention center while the other headliners were playing inside. Was one of the most eye- or rather ear-opening experiences I've had as a musician.

Doyle is also awesome. Don't know of Phil Keaggy.

4. jpervin

jpervin Supporting Member

Don't know of Phil Keaggy???

You are in for a treat!

5. Starsailor

Starsailor Member

Indeed. Beautiful stuff!

6. Starsailor

Starsailor Member

Since Frank and Vinny have been mentioned, I have to post this video with them featuring the reigning champ of modern gypsy jazz, IMHO, Joscho Stephan from the 2007 CAAS (Chet Atkins Appreciation Society) in Nashville.

Insane!!!

7. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

Thanks for posting , Starsailor....i guess i have been living in a cave, as i've just discovered this wonderful music, and these great musicians! My wife and i thoroughly enjoyed Frank & Vinny the other night...unfortunately my MS was acting up and we had to leave afterr Frank & Vinny, but man was it worth the trip! i'm a new fan of Josco now, thank you!