Micro BR Blues

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Lafayette2009, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Lafayette2009

Lafayette2009 Member

I am having trouble with my Micro BR digital recorder. It is not a computer software, but is a stand a-lone device that can be connected via usb.

My friend sent me a CD of him playing guitar and singing. The files I believe are WAVE files. They are not mp3 files for I tested them on my stereo that is unable to play mp3s.

I am able to record his music on track one of the BR, with me dubbing harmonica on track two, and then me singing harmony on track three. I then play all three tracks back at the same time with all three in sync. The problem comes when I convert them to mp3s to export them to the computer. When I open them up on the computer I have only one track and not three combined. I want to e-mail them back to my friend.

The manual states that a person can combine three or four track into one track or one song. I have gone back over the manual numerous times, but I am still not getting it.

Can someone help me?

Lafayette2009

2. kselbee

kselbee Member

It sounds like what you need to do is bounce your mix. This involves playing all recorded tracks while recording on a blank track. Then the new track is the one that contains your mix and the one you want to transfer to your computer.

3. stump

stump Member

You need to use the Master function. This will put them all on a track, usually one of the v Tracks, and allow you to select wav or MP3. Mastering will also allow you to put some effects on if you choose.

4. frankencat

frankencat Lex Luthier Gold Supporting Member