• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Micro POg vs. Octron

Seegs

I'm looking for a octave down pedal to create basslines for my new looping venture and these two come to mind...

I had an Octron and it did a nice octave down and tracked very well but was only monophonic...not sure I'd use the other features...

I also have had a full sized POG and sold it for space reasons...loved it but didn't need it at the time...I would use the Organ sounds as well...

question is how are the octave down sounds on the micro Pog and how well does it track? Is is also polyphonic?

any other options for an octave down pedal that tracks well...the Boss OC2 didn't do it for me...

Chow,
Seegs

ninjaaron

The octave down sounds on the Micro are great. The don't sound quite like a bass guitar, but they aren't really supposed to. Very round, fat, and smooth sounding. I have used it live to do basslines in a pinch. Mixing in a touch of the octave up or dry can also add some depth.

It is polyphonic (see: 'P' in POG). It tracks perfectly most of the time, though the octave up can distort a bit if you are playing chords and the input level is too high.

Last edited:

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
I had an Octron. Sounds great, tracks well, reasonably well-behaved for cky stuff...the octave fuzz wasn't a fave (prefer others), but NICE PED.

I have an EH Octave Multiplexer and let me tell you...this thing is a mess. I use it to make faux bass lines that everybody knows is a poseur guitarist because they track weirdly and have a synthy gritch to them. LOVE IT. Makes some of our tracks...

Have you considered the EBS? That may be the mostest bassist.

DS

jokerjkny

agreed,

i love my ebs octabass... handles and tracks the best of out many low octave pedals.

Seegs

thanx guys...very useful info.

of course N.A. now that you mention the "P" would stand for polyphonic octave generater...my duh moment for the day...

good idea I havn't checked out the EBS recently but I did awhile ago with a guitar and I don't recall if or how I liked it...I also looked at the EH Mulitplexer and will try to track:rotflmao one down to play...

Joker are you using it with bass or guitar...notice a difference in how it tracks with guitar compared to bass?

I think there's a store close by that has the Micro Pog and Ebs...

any others to consider?

Chow,
Seegs

jokerjkny

using primarily w/ my bass, but its worked great for my guitar too. was just too clean for me. for guitars, however, i like a more gritty sound ala the mxr blue box or my octron.

Trending Topics