Micro Terror head to Blues Jr combo?

Deluzion

Once in a while i need some more high gain for hard rock and metal than my Blues jr 3 (with a Vintage 30 in it) can provide. So was wondering if its possible to use a Micro Terror Head to the speaker of a Blues junior.

Possible and maybe even a good idea or better to get some high gain from a pedal and hope it can override the bluesy tone of the jr?

tronus

I've always wanted to try this exact thing with my Tiny Terror. It wouldn't hurt anything but you wouldn't want to be running your Blues Jr while you were using it's cab (unless you had another cab hooked up to it's speaker out). Just leave it off and hook it up like an extension cab and would work fine.

However, I want to try one of those radial headbones so I could use the Blues Jr as a clean channel and the Tiny Terror as a drive channel. Then I want to pipe all of that through my Badcat Unleash and make it all scalable wattage/volume.

Heady Jam Fan

You cannot run a tube amp without a load.

The Radial thing mentioned above is designed for this, but if it fails, you could damage an amp.

Maybe better getting a 112 cab for the head and using an aby switch to toggle between clean and dirty.

Or just get an old Rat pedal for $90.

jonathansuhr

This will not work. The power amp of your Blues Jr will completely blow the input of the Micro Terror and probably ruin one or both amps. What you need is an amp head switcher: http://www.tonebone.com/headbone.php

Another option is to use the headphone jack of the Micro Terror as an output, like a pedal.

Deluzion

Hmm im abit confused, some say it will work and some say its going to hurt the amps.

The switching seems like a good idea but i dont want to drill in the blues jr.

But just to make it clear if i do this the bj and micro t. would share same power outlet. As a extra safety so that when the micro terror is connected the blues jr would not have any power cord in the outlet incase it was turned on by accident no harm could be done right?

Also im not sure if the linked to thomann y adapter is a speaker or instrument adapter. So im considering making a short speaker cable ewith push on speaker clips to female 1/4 jack to just lay inside the amp. Then a small speaker cable dangling from the output of the blues junior with 2 male jacks for quick connecting. That way a 0.5 meter speaker cable could be used to reach the tiny terror on top of the bj.

This is stritctly home to make a more metal like setup for playing abit of slipknot etc when the need to rock out arises. Dont think a rat into a blues jr by itself would do more modern gain?

Hound Dog61

I run my Micro Terror through the speaker of my Pro Junior quite a bit. I have the PJ in a 1x12 with a cannabis rex which sounds great with the Micro Terror. I just leave the amp unplugged from the wall and the plug the terror into the speaker. I have a cable that has female spade connectors to attach to the speaker and a 1/4' jack on the other end. My cable is a bit too short, but I am able to make it happen. Obviously I am only using one amp at a time, but it works great and sounds even better.

Trending Topics