Microlux Amp - Your Unique 2 Watt 1965 Deluxe Reverb - by Morning Blessing Amps!

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by neteraser, Aug 16, 2017.

1. neteraser

neteraser Member

Microlux Amp - is an authentic American amp of the Blackface era, very similar to the BF Deluxe, but in a new 2W format for home practicing, small venues and studios. This new Blackface (AB763) model, follows original construction principles, and just like other models of that era, has magnifiently beautiful clean tones. However, with the maximum power of 2 Watts, Microlux Amp also makes the power tube break up possible even with the most strict volume levels limitations.

Result of a 5 year research, Microlux Amp is strictly following the original construction principles, and is very authentic to the original pre-CBS BF Deluxe design. This amp uses a different tube in it's power section - a double triode 6922 / E88CC, that gives about 2 Watts of maximum power, and this tube by a lucky coincidence is very similar to a real 6V6GT in the the proper operation mode. In other words, we've managed to find a way of setting this tube up, where it works following the same laws as a real 6V6GT in the original amplifier, and, believe us, it sounds very similar! To make this possible, strictly following the schematics and a little innovating both were required, but all in all as close the BF Deluxe schematics as clearly possible!

Functionally, Microlux Amp is a NORMAL channel of a BF Deluxe, so it has Volume, Treble and Bass controls. Additionally the amp has a switch called "Pad" which attenuates or otherwise boosts the signal from the preamp, working like a fixed master volume. This allows to break up sooner like a Deluxe, or enjoy smoother tones of the more powerful models, when you want it.

Microlux Amp - is just a new Blackface model, inheriting the the design-methods of the original engineers, and being a true F-r amp is will be your friend and will make you happy for many years to come!

SOUNDS SAMPLE:

( Recording chain is as follows: 1xSM57 -> ART Pro Channel "Pro Studio" Mod -> ESI Julia - so very humble. Unfortunately we have encountered a number of limiting factors while recording samples, such as a slightly damaged mic and others, but please do try to love that sample, because the amp's tone is beautiful in our opinion. We hope you'll notice. )

PICTURES:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently Microlux Amp is just a deep professional modification of the Yerasov Gavrosh 8 amp. This is done to keep the price as low as possible for Russian musicians to be able to get themselves "that" tone, while DRRI prices are beyond of what most can afford. Thank you for understanding.

Company's website:
    http://www.morningamps.com

Subscribe to our Facebook Page and/or YouTube Channel to stay in touch:
    https://www.facebook.com/morningamps/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pZoUlIWGZ9goQCm4BbeOg

Thanks for your attention, interest and time.

Sincerely yours,
    Morning Blessing Amps.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    kbgear and El Mike like this.
  2. neteraser

neteraser Member

Thanks @El Mike !

TGP, we'd love to hear your opinion, both positive and negative.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. neteraser

neteraser Member

The amp and the company wasn't perceived really well in Russia. Although we got 10k views and been a number 1 thread for almost a whole month, it was mostly or mostly to completely hate. Literally there wasn't one positive comment except from our first client, who commented he is totally happy with the amp. Although for some reason nobody commented negatively on the tone itself, it was all kinds of criticism and advises on how we should run a business, hate, jokes, lols, smiles and so on. The price was only $389 in Russia, it also got all kinds of hating comments. My mother dared to hit "like" in our social page, this got many weird fantasies going on there. Hope you get the picture.

Even so, I haven't lost my optimism. I felt totally broken for a couple of days, but quite managed with it. Even if we fail in Russia, we will build next amp with a 120V transformer and I'm sure somebody in his right mind (and number of good men in the US is great) will pick it up, because the price will be right and it's a quality amp, in my opinion.

Looking forward to posting in the commercial emporium here on TGP.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. neteraser

neteraser Member

We think this might be one of the most authentic Deluxe's that was ever made among companies other than Fender! It will give you some of the best moments of your life in music. Even a punk like me feels like a musician and becomes a better player with it!

I was blessed to grasp just about every secret left in Fender legacy. From 100% authentic schematics, to exactly the same voltages, to even the same grounding scheme, everything was analyzed and implemented here.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  5. neteraser

neteraser Member

We might build one amp for US voltages early 2018. Please let us know if you need a Russian amp converted to be an authentic American BF Deluxe for your bedroom needs, because 2 watts are handy when you want that "edge of breakup" tone at lower volumes. It might also help in a venue with strict volume requirements.

6. neteraser

neteraser Member

7. SStereoLord

SStereoLord Member

8. neteraser

neteraser Member

Pictured is a prototype. You see what you get on our original pictures.
    We don't sell it in the US. This project is to help Russian musicians solely.
    The opinion comes not from our user or someone who has heared the amp in person.
    Whomever gave our modification an audition commented very positively!

We do have tons of haters in Russia. In their opinion Yerasov Gavrosh 8 is such a poor amp that you can't mod it to get something considerably better. They WILL buy, play and accept Gavrosh 8, but simply hate the idea that someone is gonna pay $400 for a modded version instead of the $150 for a stock one. We tried to explain that $250 for a new set of tubes, output transformer and cosmetic upgrades is OKay, but been forced to leave that discussion due to complete lack of understanding.

In other words, this is probably just someone from that forum trying to go on here on TGP, where I feel like home.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  9. HaroldBrooks

HaroldBrooks Member

I am currently out of the USA on business, and can't view your amp demo neteraser, but the whole concept sounds amazing !!! Looking forward to hearing the clip when I get back.

Also, you are right on course in not letting any negative critism bother or deter you. Keep going on, despite the creepy responses, you shall prevail !!! Wonderfull !!!

neteraser likes this.
  10. neteraser

neteraser Member

Many thanks! I've currently removed the clips not being completely happy with our recording setup/process. This is still in the works.

HaroldBrooks likes this.