Microscopic Modelers from Mooer

scook

These could be cool for people who, say, run an AmpliFIRE on a clean setting all the time, integrated into a modular pedalboard. IF these sound good, that is.

Guitardave

Do they run on battery? If so, one of these would be perfect to keep in my gig bag for backup/rehearsals.

mbenigni

Curious as to whether there's a headphone out. Be a shame if these couldn't double as portable standalone practice tools.

toomanyamps

These could be cool for people who, say, run an AmpliFIRE on a clean setting all the time, integrated into a modular pedalboard. IF these sound good, that is.

They are digital, at that size and the price point they are likely to sell at I don't see the possibility they will have the processing power or sound as good as the AmpliFire.

Last edited:

scook

They are digital, at that size and the price point they are likely the sell at I don't see the possibility they will have the processing power or sound as good as the AmpliFire.
I agree. But it would be cool to put this on a mini board with, say, a mini tuner, mini TS808, mini phase 90 and mini delay, and have a full direct-to-board modular solution that would fit in a Tupperware container.

scook

Not a complaint, really. More an observation re missed opportunity. In this form factor, with cab sims, it has portable practice written all over it. I'd have started with a 1/4" TRS out and intelligent gain/switching such that you could purpose it for either phones or line out.
For sure, like the Rock Bug or whatever that analog Carl Martin preamp/cab sim is called.

Elric

Silver Supporting Member
I agree. But it would be cool to put this on a mini board with, say, a mini tuner, mini TS808, mini phase 90 and mini delay, and have a full direct-to-board modular solution that would fit in a Tupperware container.
Or you could use something that sounds incredible, is a zillions times more capable and can fit in a tupperware container, like, say an Amplifire. LOL. I dunno. These things are cute and might get some love for compactness and novelty but really, there are so many good small solutions these days I can't see them being really the best choice for very many applications and would have to assume they will always be compromised for the form factor. I guess I could use one to add another channel to my Marshall MS-2.

ColdFrixion

Even if these debuted at $70 a pop, you'd have to spend more than the cost of an Amplifire to buy all 10, and that wouldn't include effects. I suppose these would be great for people who've complained about wanting a simple modeling solution that only includes 2 or 3 great sounding amp models as opposed to a Swiss army knife of choices, assuming these actually sound great, that is.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom