(Mid) Boosting a Muff: TS808 vs Klone

335fuzzdelay

Hi all,

I have a Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian and I'm currently using a TS808HW in front of it as a mid booster. I was never a fan of any TS by itself, but it sounds nice as part of the combo.

I wonder if a Klone is a better option.

Has anyone tried it?

Last edited:

SeicheNZ

are you using the TS in front of a clean amp? That would explain why you didn't like it by itself. In that case the Klon is not gonna be your cup of tea either, i reckon.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Monsterpiece STUD has some pretty strong mids and would probably be incredible for this.

fieldsroyal

Have you thought about using a Colorsound overdriver clone (divided by 13 Joyride is what I use) - they boost fuzzes really well - also have a great eq section that always comes in handy when using a BM

JohanSolo

Eq/boost (ie Timmy) placed after a stock muff circuit is what id recommend for more mids. then use a Ts/od infront for more sizzle/sustain/compression

bruclan

I chain the JHS Klone before distortion, the tone will be tight and have long sustain. Much for solo.

Goldwing

Guitar->TS->Muff... great tone. More modern if you like. In some occasions it may not be enough volume for solos. But that depends.

Guitar-->Muf->TransparentBooster.... HUGHE tone, more vintage. Never and issue for solos, but it may lack something.

If you think in David GIlmour's tones, the 1st config would be a tone more related to DSOT in the 80's, the second one more related to Animals and The Wall.

That's my experience. Hope it helps.

Trending Topics